Translate

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

First day, ya! 12/01/2021

            Yes, it is the first day of December, and only 12 days away from my favorite granddaughter’s 15th birthday. How can she be that old? Speaking of favorite grandkids, my favorite grandson played in the school orchestra last evening. I have a photo of him, but not the entire orchestra.


  
            The arrow marks the grandson, yes, he has a mask on.          

            This morning the grand kids arrived here at the Ford Homestead one hour early, due to their mother needing to be at work early. The grand kids and I decided to head to the star coffee place, even though I have no funding in my star coffee card (that is a hint, gift cards are accepted). The line was short with only about 5 cars ahead of us. We got our drinks, and are back here at the homestead, waiting on time to head for school.

Finally, I was able to give you information that was not about cement or Christmas decorations!

            I will now refer to the work this ole seniors’ body did, yesterday. I did get the lights positioned from the walkway around the flower bed. I was also able to put a second coat of paint on the new posts on the front porch. I have determined there are few areas which will need another coat. I just remembered, I placed the lid on the paint but I did not press it in place, that paint may not be any good now.

            I also connected a small white tree to the electric power temporarily yesterday, as we have a string of colored lights that will also be place close to the tree. After positioning the colored lights, I will make the electric connection more secure.

            My favorite wife is decorating the inside of the homestead, she allowed me to review a small glass house that has both lights and music when you push the button. It wasn’t working!

I took it apart and wished I hadn’t. I could see nothing broken, but I had a problem putting it back together. To make this story a little shorter, I did get it back together and it does work now. Some people think I am lucky, I think I am blessed.

            Well, I need to get the grand kids off to school now, so see you later.

Enjoy the day!

Senior driver of the grand kids, Don the Ford

No comments: