Translate

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Wow, a legend 12/11/2021

            Often times, things remembered from the past, have a tendency to be remembered as better, than they actually were! Something that was nice in years past, when remembered, may have improved to, something really good! Something that was really good in the past, may have developed into something great!

            Why have I provided you with these incites? Recently, I had gone to my past employer to pick up a retiree order, (they allow retirees to purchase items).

            I had entered the building through the driver’s room door, and when I stepped inside, I was greeted with, “Every one stand up, we have a legend in the building”. Now we all three laughed, and greetings followed. From the driver’s room I went into the main office, were I paid for the items I had purchased. After paying I went out into the distribution center and picked up my order.

            Hearing the break bell ring, I walked into the break room, were some of the staff were finishing their breaks. I walked around and greeted those staff members that I had worked with in the past. As the staff were leaving the break room, one of the new staff members came up to me and said, “I don’t know you, but I have heard lots about you, you are a legend here!” I thanked her for her comment, and she went to work.

            Now I felt good that I was thought of as a legend. I also know that ole memories are often better than the real past.

                                    That’s all of that subject!

            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                  

            Topic swap:

            Yesterday, I decided to run the gas out of the gas-powered string trimmer, so I trimmed the back 40. As I was doing my work, I noticed a couple guys walking in the yard next door. I kept an eye on them until I understood that they were going to mow the yard.

            These professionals, did not trim along the side of the drive way closest to our house, they did blow all the acorns and debris from the drive way in the direction of our yard. (There is 2 feet of property on the side of the driveway that is theirs, so they can blow the debris that direction.)

            Their lawn mowers had blown grass into the street. They used their leaf blower to blow grass and debris toward the center of the street, that is considered as littering, they did not clean it up. Professionals who don’t care.

 

            (It is amazing what a person can learn, when they listen. Management should take some time to walk, greet, and      listen. One may be surprised at what they might learn when they get out of the office, say hello how are things        going, and then shut their mouth, I mean listen.

              This applies to none work settings too. A spouse can improve relations by listening to their spouse.

              A parent can learn a lot by listening to their children.)

 

            Well, I guess that is it for today’s posting.

 

You are a legend to me!

Senior retired legend and observant neighbor, Don the Ford 

No comments: