Translate

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Are you ready 12/22/2021

            If you are asking, "Ready for what", then you are not ready! Are we ever truly ready? I guess some of us might be ready, you know, those of us who have no plans to do anything, they are ready for nothing!

            Am I ready, I had no plans so I thought I was ready, but I was proven wrong? Yesterday, I was messing around in the Ford's ole garage when Alex came out. Alex then began raking and later using the leaf blower, blowing the leaves around in the front yard. Well, since Alex started this process, I felt that I needed to be involved.

            We also recovered the walk behind mower from the shed, and Alex began vacuuming the leaves from the front yard. Alex was able to get the area between the drive way and the walkway vacuumed before his father came. Then I was allowed to finish the vacuuming of the front yard, and I put all the tools and mower away. Never any rest for a retired senior person. 😐

            I have a plan for today. I hope to have Gabi touch up the aliens in the #3 black berry bed. These aliens are made of wood and painted white. We drew faces on them with black markers, and some of the black marker is not dark any more. Gabi likes to draw, so I feel sure I can encourage her to do this for the Homestead.

            Alex was wanting to get the riding mower out and mow the back yard. After looking at the back yard there is some winter grass (aka weeds) growing. If Alex is willing to help me pick up the debris, sticks and dog poop, then I might put some gas into the mower and let him have fun. He mows the yard but I believe he sees it as, just riding around on the mower for the fun of it.

            My favorite spouse, has been telling me that she still needs to do things like, make some pies for Christmas eve and Christmas day. We open presents on Christmas eve and there is food available before the gifting. 😊

            The grand kids should be here in a few minutes and I need to get the recycle bin out to the curb. The recycle bin is full of corrugated from the Major Award!

            Let's all be careful, even if we have received all the shots. Evidently, none of us are 100% sure of not getting the virus. I suggest that we wear the masks even though we don't like them, and stay a safe distance from none family members. Do all we can to be safe, and still enjoy family and friends.   

Please think safety!

Senior retired person who wants everyone to be virus free, Don the Ford

No comments: