Translate

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Worn out 12/08/2021

            Well, the title line could refer to many things, and or, to senior retired people. Yep, as we live our lives our ole bodies start to wear out, but in this soon to be wonder filled story, we will not be considering the ole senior body of this retired blog author.

            What could it be that the Don is writing about? We should assume the topic of this posting is related to something that the Don has been doing, or is, going to be doing. After reviewing previous postings, I have concluded that the Don may have been removing leaves from the yard.

            Has the Don's ole walk behind mower given up? No, he used it yesterday to vacuum leaves from the front yard. The Don also was removing leaves from the flower beds when he noticed a hole in the leaf vacuum bag. He was able to secure the bags hole, using two safety pins. The Don again started removing leaves from the flower beds when a second hole appeared. While reviewing the second hole in the bag, the Don discovered that the leaf bag was disintegrating.

            The Don then decided to see if he could purchase a replacement bag. The Don learned that he could get a new bag that would cost almost half as much as the entire new unit. (Blower, vacuum, mulcher with the bag $47.00, bag alone $22.00

            What to do, leave the leaves in the flower beds, or ask Santa for an early Christmas present? I have been good most of the time, haven't I?       Darn it, I will get a tool for my Christmas present instead of a toy!

            Wow, I just thought, if my ole grass catcher bag is disintegrating due to age, will I now begin to disintegrate since I am ole? 😐

            Today, I might drive into town and look at the leaf picker upper at the Harbor store. I might also attempt to rake up some of the acorns from the yard, I do need to trim the three bougainvillea's that I have placed in the ole hot house, and if I do that I might as well water the flowers in the hot house. 

            Another day with nothing to do.

May your day be filled with…!

Senior retired person who needs a cup, Don the Ford

No comments: