Translate

Friday, December 3, 2021

Which Bar 12/03/2021

            I guess the title line has gotten some of you thinking. Is it that nice Bar near the mall, you know, where they serve all those great drinks, and the most popular is, “Diet Coke”?

            What? We must be thinking about two different bars. Well, there is more than one bar, so let’s consider which is the best. I just had a thought, before we get into which bar is best, lets consider why the word “barred”, is used to mean, “one is not allowed to attend”. Maybe it was someone’s spouse who came up with the word barred, stating, their spouse can no longer go to the bar, they are barred!

            It is kind of neat knowing how the word barred was created to basically mean Stopped! Let’s get back to the root word, “Bar”. Now we know about the bar in town, do we know about another bar, it is known as, “A pry Bar”. Wow, a bar where one can get a drink, and a bar to pry things loose. I guess the pry bar could be used to get the spouse out of the drinking bar!

            Words are kind of silly, the same word, which has two different meanings. Ok, let’s get to a different subject, when I took my shower this morning, I used a bar of soap! Yes, thinking about this word is getting even sillier. Who knows how many different uses there are for the word “bar”? 

            Topic change; I have a couple photos that I want to share with you, and would you believe, no one else can see these photos. The first is of the nativity in our front yard.


 
            Look carefully at the animals in the photo, yep, that is Charlie participating in the Christmas decorations. Next, I have a photo of the lights at the Homestead after dark.


           
 I did put the Christmas star up on the flag pole yesterday, I set the timer, but it is not on. I guess I will need to check the wiring and timer today.

            Last topic change; we went to the barrow restaurant yesterday afternoon. At check out the lady in front of me was asking for the manager, she had a complaint. I was in line to check out along with three other customers behind me in line. When the manager arrived, I stood there listening to the complaint. The manager seemed to have no concern for those of us standing there waiting and listening, he should have asked the disgruntled customer to move a few feet away for a more private conversation, and that would have allowed those of us in line to check out. I did start a conversation with the lady in line behind me.

 

Managers, be considerate!

Senior retired person who still has projects for the day, Don the Ford           

1 comment:

John Snider said...

Love the picture of the nativity scene...Charlie adds to the picture!