Translate

Monday, December 20, 2021

How many days? 12/20/2021

 

            My favorite wife talked me into setting outside yesterday afternoon late, so with diet coke in hand, I went forth (for that one reader, and we all know who you are, went forth means, I went outside). As we set outside with our sweat shirts on, we were wondering if the people who drove by were thinking we were silly to sit out in the cool weather.

            We got into a discussion about, what day was Christmas on. For some reason I had Sunday in mind, and my smart wife knew it was Saturday. Wow, it is a day sooner than expected! I hope everyone is ready!

            Speaking of being ready, I hope to go to the past employer today and pick up my Christmas present (the table and chairs I won at the Christmas party, if you would read all my postings, you would know what I am talking about). I hope the fords ole pick up can handle the extra load. If I get the Christmas present from work today, I will attempt to get a photo and share it with you tomorrow.

            Let's see if there is something you might be interested in. The Grand kids will be here today since school is out for the holiday. I need to find some work for the grandkids to do, you know, so I don't have to do it myself.

            We were going to take Tres for a ride on Sunday evening, allowing us to see some of the many Christmas decorations around the Hewitt area, but we just forgot. We are now rescheduling for tonight, lets see if we forget it again. It seems funny to me, we forget many things, but we do not forget sitting outside with an adult beverage. How are we able to remember that? 😊

            We had talked about attempting to get a photo with Tres dressed with some Christmas type attire, if he will let us put it on him, and if he will sit still. Maybe the grand kids can help.

            I just got an announcement on the Alexa screen stating that my order is out for delivery. The Alexa is a part of the robot takeover that is coming!

            Christmas seems to have two meanings now days, with gift giving the most thought of reason. We all should remember that Christmas' original reason is, the birth of the baby Jesus. Think about that, and share your thoughts of the original meaning of Christmas, with others.

 

True meaning is important!

Senior retired person who gets a gift from his previous employer, Don the Ford

No comments: