Translate

Friday, December 17, 2021

It is raining 12/17/2021

            As the title line states, it is raining, but it is a very light rain. We will take any rain we can get as everything is dry. We are supposed to get area wide rains tomorrow, nice.

            Both of the grandkids get out of school around noon today, and then they will be out for a couple weeks. I think there is some kind of so-called Holiday coming in about 8 days, but you know how ole people’s memories are, we are not always sure of things.

            Yesterday I removed a decoration from the Ford’s front yard, took it to the garage, and worked on it. This was a white deer with clear lights. The lights on the back half were not working. Yep, I was working on a deer’s butt!

            First, I checked each of the lights that were out, to be sure they were in their socket correctly. Then I looked for a light that appeared to be burnt out; it would have had a darker appearance. Then I used a magnification glass and looked at each light to see it the little wire inside it was in place. All that failing, I began removing each light and testing it one at a time. About half way through I found a light that has something on the wires that looked stained. I cleaned it, and tested it, and it worked. The next light had the same stained look, when I was cleaning it, the wire fell off the light. I replace the light and all the lights came on.

            I then carried the deer back out to the front yard and secured it into place. I then retaped the wires and covered the connection with a plastic bag.

            I then headed to the Ford’s ole rocker on the drive way, where I began reading the bible. It was a very nice day, so being outside reading made a lot of sense. I had just began reading when I received a phone call from a nephew in Missouri. I enjoyed talking with him, we discussed a lot of ole memories and good general conversation. I did not get any reading done outside as the call lasted a while.

            My present spouse (who never thanked me for my labor sum work on the deer) and I went to supper. We enjoyed the food and a little time away from the homestead. We had finished eating, and I was in line with several people ahead of me and some behind me. The line did not seem to be moving, I turned and explained to the lady and her husband that I know of a way that she could move up in the line. She looked at me with questioning eyes.

            I explained that if she took my ticket and paid my bill, I would then get out of line, and she could move up one position.

            She gave me the look, and replied, “if you take my ticket and pay my bill, I can get out of the line all together.” Wow, she beat me at my own game.

            Leaving the food place, we headed for home and we observed lots of houses with the Christmas decorations lit up. When we arrived at our home, I drove in front of the homestead so we could see our decorations. Most everything looked good, except the deer I had worked on, it was not lit up!

            I thought for a moment and then remembered, when I taped the wires and covered them, I had not connected the deer. I remember laying the wire across the deer’s back and now I have something to do today.

            OH, my first wife noticed that another deer has some lights out. I do not like working on the lights, they are difficult to pull out of socket and they make my ole finger nails hurt.

 

Be nice to ole people, please!

Senior ole person who failed to connect, Don the Ford

No comments: