Translate

Thursday, December 23, 2021

So close, are you ready 12/23/2021

            Today is Christmas Eve's, Eve, R U ready? When I ask if you are ready, I mean, have you bought a present for me? Here at the Ford Homestead, there are very few presents under the tree, in part due to large presents that can't be put under a tree, and in part due to being retired people on a fixed income. My favorite wife is heading out today to complete some purchases for the stocking stuffers, and a couple food products. She is also having breakfast with friends, and I am not invited!

            Let's discuss something other than a gift for me; yesterday I allowed my favorite granddaughter to update the aliens in #3 berry bed. We had used black markers on the aliens and for some reason some of the markers were fading. She was able to get two of them touched up before her dad came to pick them up.  Photo to follow.


            The one on the right is Gabi's, the center is Alex's, and mine is on the left. You are right, we are all artists.

            While my favorite granddaughter was updating the aliens, my favorite grandson was riding around the yard on the ole riding mower, I mean, he was mowing the back 40. We got several things done and I did not need to work. 😊

            If any of you have read previous posts, and if you understand that the battery on the ole mower has given up, you might be considering how we got it started. It is known as having a Halo, (Not the Halo around my head, even though it is there) the jump starter Halo.

            I still need to replace the florescent light fixture that is in the shed, with a light bulb. I plan to use the halo to power the light when needed, the Halo has a light on it like a flashlight, and again I plan to use it to jump start the ole riding mower.

            As I sit here in front of the ole computer, I can hear crows making noise outside. I have seen and heard more crows this year, than ever before. Heck, that being said, we see buzzards in the streets eating squirrels a lot this year. I actually am kind of glad the buzzards are there; they help keep the streets clean.  

            Nothing!         Sorry, I thought that one person, and we all know who you are, was going to ask, what I was going to do today, and the answer would be, Nothing! I do have another photo I will share with you, if you have a moment to share with me.


            It is a red rose, and the color is very pretty, but my ole cell phone camera will not capture the color as it should. Yes, the phone was held on an angle when the photo was taken, the photographer, who has taken a photography class in the past, is ole and you should not be critical of an ole person's attempt, at artistic photography.

            Subject change: thinking of the true meaning of Christmas, please consider.

            Mary was in her last month of being pregnant, she is placed on a donkey and had to ride for who knows how long. She gets to Bethlehem and the only place they can find to stay is a stable. In a stable, also known as a barn, there were animals. Time came for delivery, and she has a baby in the stable. They wrapped the baby in some cloth and use the manger for a crib. Then shepherds are told about the birth of Jesus, and they came. There was three men who were known as being wise, who followed a star to Bethlehem. These three presented the baby Jesus with gifts.

            I challenge you to take the time to consider all that! In your own way, think about all those things. It will help you enjoy your Christmas!   

 

Enjoy giving!

Senior retired person who is a believer, Don the Ford

No comments: