Translate

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Birthday party 12/12/2021

            My favorite grand daughter has a birthday tomorrow, and we are celebrating it later today. It seems like she should be in kindergarten, and not in high school.

            I didn’t do anything yesterday, but my favorite wife did. My present spouse has been making cookies and candy for this Christmas, but not as much as in the past. She has reduced the amounts saying, it is a lot of work trying to make all these sweet things. She has decided to not make some items. Most people don’t understand how much work goes into each item.

            My wife and I did work together on setting up Santa again. We had a large amount of wind Friday night and a lot of things were moved around, including Santa was turned over. I should say, for that one reader, and we all know who you are, Santa is ok, he just fell down.

            Our favorite grandson Alex, is a boy scout and they were camping out Friday and Saturday nights. The temp is in the mid-20s here last night and this morning. We hope his sleeping bag kept him warm.

            We turned the heat lamp on in the hot house last night, in an effort to keep the frost away from the flowers.

            Knowing the temp would be below freezing last night I decided to cover the outside water faucets. The front one was easy but the back faucet is a problem, there is a device attached that allows me to direct water in two different hoses, and it will not come off. I tried everything I could think of but it would not come off. The plumber in me says, I will need to replace the faucet, darn it, that means work for me. I do have a photo of the faucet.


            I may get a can of foam spray, in preparation for the possibility of another winter freeze like last years. If the weather is getting bad, I can take the spray can of foam and literally cover the faucets with several inches of foam.

            I guess that is all from the Ford Homestead, hope you enjoy the day!

Happy 15th Gabi!

Senior retired person who’s going to a birthday party, Don the Ford

No comments: