Translate

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Another day, no money 12/02/2021

            That title line is nothing new. Yesterday, my favorite grandkids arrived at the Ford homestead an hour earlier than normal. Since it was too early to drop them off at school, we decided to go to the start coffee place, even though I had no funding in the star gold card.

            Did you know they do not issue Gold star coffee cards any longer, but you can still use them? When I get a gift card, I move the funding from the gift card to the ole Gold card. 

            When we arrived at the star coffee shop there were just a few cars ahead of us. All three of us placed our order, and it cost me three weeks stipends. Our orders in hand, we headed for home. We enjoyed our drinks before heading for school. My coffee must have had a lot of caffeine, as I was not able to take a short nap before going outside and working my ole body excessively.

            I didn’t do much of anything yesterday, I did water the flowers in the hot house, it was 103 degrees inside when I opened the door, yes, the sun was shining. I also watered the black berries in all three beds. I did rake the leaves away from the walk, flower beds, nativity, and the drive way, then I used the Ford’s ole walk behind mower to vacuumed the front yard. If memory serves, I did also place some strings of colored lights at both ends of the Homestead, hopefully that is all the outside decorations. I want to run the sprinklers, but there are some areas with dirt only, no grass, and when that gets wet it is mud!

            I need to go through the back 40 and pick up the little sticks that have blowen out of the trees lately, there may be some dog poop, also I want to put my star up on the flag pole today.

            My favorite wife is still working on decorating the homestead with Christmas decorations. She has put up two trees that I am aware of, and that is a good start for her.

            Speaking of Christmas Trees, in the olden days many people would set their Christmas tree in front of a window. Also, in the olden days the term, “Picture Window”, was used to describe a larger than normal window. If you had a picture window, you could easily show off your Christmas tree and the gifts under it. We have a picture window to show you.

 


            We don’t have a tree in front of the window. 

Act like you are happy, smile!

Senior retired person who might smile once today, Don the Ford

No comments: