Translate

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Too cold for ole people 12/07/2021

            Yesterday was cold. I did retrieve the Ford's ole mower and leaf vac and brought them to the Ford's ole garage. I did not have an electric cord to use to power the leaf vac, so I had to force my ole body to navigate all the way back out to the Ford's ole shed. Arriving at the shed, I unlocked the two locks and opened the door. The wind was so powerful that I had to prop the door open prior to entering the building.

            Once inside the building (aka shed), I needed to move several items in order to get to the stack of totes where I believed I had stored the extra electric cords. Would you believe, it seemed as if I had been in the building for an hour, looking for an electrical cord to be used with the leaf vac. Finally, I found said cord. I then had to replace everything I had moved to get to this cord.

            My ole body, was just barely able to drag itself back to the garage, where would you believe, I had to sit down and rest before attempting to attach the cord to the leaf vac. After a period of rest, I was able to connect said wire, and use said leaf vac, to remove said leaves from in front of said garage door. I said a lot there, didn't I! 😊

            After all that, I decided it was too windy to attempt to vacuumed the yard, so I put the mower in the ole garage and took my ole body into the homestead.

            With all that wind yesterday, Santa Claus was blown over. My favorite wife was able to secure him into a standing position later in the day.

            I am hoping for a less windy day today, which might allow me to vacuumed the front yard. I can handle the cool weather, as long as there isn't a lot of wind. I may also attempt to remove some of the leaves from the flower beds.

            The front yard is full of acorns, I guess I might address that problem too. 

            It is 35 degrees this morning and may get up to 60 today. They are predicting the highs in the eighties, later this week, before the next cold front arrives.

            Topic change; if, on your phone or computer you get a message that seems odd, even though it is from a friend, do not reply, it is best to click delete. After you delete the message then contact the friend and find out if it was your friend or someone trying to get your information. The message I received was from someone posing as a friend through face book.

            Don't respond, just delete. Heck if it is a friend, he / she isn't wanting to give you money!

 

If odd or unusual, delete!

Soon to be leaf vacuumer, and all-around good guy, Don the Ford!

No comments: