Translate

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Wow 05/18/2021

            Monday morning the Tres and I decided to go out into the garage and sit, we wanted to watch the rain, and enjoy a cup of coffee. I opened the garage door and moved my chair close to the door so I could see part of the neighborhood, watch the rain, and not get wet.

            This rain reminded me of those Missouri rains, the kind of rain that came all day. This rain was light, there was a slight breeze, and the coffee was good. We sat there enjoying the quiet time.               No, I had not been put in time out! This was my idea, and Tres' agreed; we were relaxing! I can't believe you would ask that question!

            As we sat there, enjoying the light rain, and the quiet morning. I heard a little thunder way off in the distance, and I thought about the statement, "If you can hear thunder, you are close enough to be hit by lightning, go inside". We stayed outside enjoying the light rain, that thunder was way off.

            Suddenly, the sky lit up, we did not see any lightening, but the low clouds just turned almost white for a second, then we heard the thunder, and it was right on top of us, super loud. It scared both Tres and me, and we immediately headed indoors. That was too close for comfort. That was the only close and loud thunder that I heard.

            The joy of a nice slow rain was disturbed by dangerous lightening. 

            Let us see if we can go to a different topic: all the rain we have had, has as usual, left the back 40 with a lot of water. I procured my rubber boots and went out to check on the black berries. The first berry I saw, was red and mostly black. Photo to follow.


                                                           

            I did not pick that berry, it will be ready tomorrow, if the birds don't get it. I did pick two other black berries, photo to follow. The tomato was there to give you some idea of berry size.


                                                           

                                    It is now starting; the berry harvest is at hand! 😊

            I want to go to another subject if you have the time. Oh, that one person didn't have the time, and has stopped reading. We all know who that one reader is, it is ok, not everyone has the ability to enjoy these wonderful articles.

            This morning both of my hands at where my thumbs attach, were hurting. I have some tape that I put on both hands. I know this must be in my head but as soon as I applied the tape the pain went away. Now you are probably right, the relief of the pain was in my head. Guess what, I don't care, if the tape stopped the pain, or if it was all in my head, the pain was, and is, gone!


                                                           

            The above was all from Monday!

Today is Tuesday and it is early morning. It is not raining, at least not raining right now. Gabi, my favorite granddaughter will be here at the Homestead today. She is off school today due to the testing; they get a day off between test, or something like that. 

            It is coffee time; I need to go get a cup!

 

Be happy if you don't have allergies!

 

Senior retired person who is ready to collect the black berries, Don the Ford

No comments: