Translate

Friday, May 7, 2021

Thursday / Friday 05/07/2021

            Thursday morning after blogging, Tres and I went for a walk, returning home I sharpened the axe, in preparation for the mornings work. Thursday’s work did not go as planned. I began digging around one set of the stumps and ran into many roots. Using the axe is not easy when you are on your knees or sitting on the ground. I could not get the swing at the roots that I wanted. I procured a hand saw and it helped. I would saw some, and then chop some. I got most of one part out, before I got tired and quit.

            I will get a power saw and use it tomorrow. I have chain saws but I don’t want to get the chains in the dirt, I don’t care about the saw blades, I have several. Photo to follow.

 

Axe and saw on stumps, not easy work.

            Update; the two blackberry plants that I dug up are still looking good, they may be my starter plants for the #3 berry bed. The weed killer I used on the bed is working, weeds and grass are turning brown. I will need to till up the dirt in the bed, and add some potting soil before planting anything.

            I have a photo of the author of this blog, I know you will appreciate the photo.

   




                                              

            Black and white photos are cheaper than color, and being retired, cheap is good!

Enjoy the day, otherwise…!

Senior worker who doesn’t like removing stumps, Don the Ford

No comments: