Translate

Saturday, May 29, 2021

Jack and Jill 05/29/2021

            Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. Jack fell down and broke his crown, And Jill came tumbling after.

            That is the way I heard, and learned the rhyme. I now know that there are other versions, with additional lines. (Look it up.)

            First of all, was Jack a king or something like that? It states he had a crown! If he was a king, why would he be going up the hill? Didn't he have any servants to fetch the pail of water?

            Why did Jack fall down, did Jill trip him? The statement says, he fell down and broke his crown, it doesn't state that he was hurt, and it also states Jill came tumbling after him. Why did Jill tumble after him, did he trip her to get revenge for her tripping him?

            Were they playing some kind of game, or was Jill, Jack's girl friend?

            What were they doing on the ground, and how long were they on the ground?

            Was it day or night?

            Ok, so both of them were on the ground, when did they get up?

            Did they ever get the pail of water? 

            I got you to start thinking, you are welcome!

            Let's change the subject matter; I understand that you wanted to see the table and chairs that my favorite wife has painted. The table has no top, in the photo there is a white octagon behind the red table, that is a top I made some time ago when the glass top broke. My present wife has ordered a new glass top for the table.

 


                                              

            My first wife has a new umbrella for the table and it will be installed when the new top gets here. The above was written on Friday morning, the following photo was taken Friday afternoon.


                                               

            I guess I should say, it rained this afternoon. We received almost 3.5 inches of rain in about 3.5 hours, and as you might see in the photo, our back yard was flooded. The back yard drains toward our house, the rain from the roof deposits in the back yard, and a neighbor's back yard drains into our yard. Yes, our yard drains into the other neighbors back yard. One of the 4 x4 post that I am using for the #3 berry patch, was floating during the heaviest part of the rain. 

                                               

            My favorite spouse was in town when the storm was heading this way. I called her and told her of the coming storm, and I asked her to not drive in the storm. She drove in the storm, saying it wasn't raining when I left the store. She noted that she drove in some deep water and there was some hail hitting her van.

            Today is Saturday and it isn't raining, right now. I have no idea what we will do today, but I hope we can get out of the house for a while. The back 40 is mostly drained now, but I will need to have boots on when I check for the rain-washed black berries today.

            The birds were attempting to get food from the round bird feeders, so I went out and put bird food on the back patio. It took about two hours before they would return to eat. They are feasting now. 😊

 

Happy birds, Happy Fords!

Senior retired person who needs a few days of warm sun shine, Don the Ford

No comments: