Translate

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

The watcher 05/26/2021

            I am not commenting on the watchers from the bible. Yes, there are comments about watchers in the bible! Maybe you should read the book, you might learn something!   

            Tres and I were walking down the street when we observed a female neighbor who lives at the end of the avenue, and yes, we live on an avenue, it is not known as a street!

            Tres and I knew, this female subject usually leaves her residence at 15 minutes before the hour, and today she was leaving at 26 minutes before the hour. We assumed that something had changed in the female's life, so we stopped her and noted that she was leaving early. She replied in a friendly manner, "I need to stop at a store on the way to work". We wished her a good day and she went on her way. 

            This same female subject returns to her home each afternoon at 15 minutes after the hour. Often, I am outside and I wave to her as she drives down the avenue.

            Do I know everyone schedule who live on our block, no, but I do keep and eye on things that go on in the neighborhood?

            The other morning Tres and I were sitting outside and we observed that a neighbor's garage door was open, and no one was home. Yep, all the vehicles were gone. I was about half way done with my cup, when that neighbor drove up in his vehicle. He got out of his vehicle, he then shut the garage door, and then he got into the company vehicle and drove away.

            You don't need to be a know it all, just be a little observant. I have been asked to keep an eye on some of the neighbors' homes when they were away. I just check the doors and windows and if any or opened or broken into, I would call the police. The police can go inside and check a house, that isn't a part of watching someone's home.

            New issue; There is a commercial on TV presented by a car insurance company where the driver leaves an item on top of the vehicle and drives away. Well, that happened in real life yesterday.

            I was parked as the first vehicle in line to pick up Alex from school. There is a parking lot for those who work at the school and visitors, near where I was parked. A male subject came out of the school and walked to a car about 100 feet away from where I was parked. He walked up to the vehicle and placed a large insulated drink holder onto the vehicle. He then opened the front door and placed some items inside. He then opened the back door, removed his jacket and placed it in the back seat. He then got into the vehicle.

            I was observing him, and I hoped he would miss his drink and get out to get it off the top of the car. I saw the lights come on, so I knew he had started the motor, he then put on the sun glasses and the vehicle began to move.

            I jumped out of the Ford's ole Chevy and ran toward him waving my hands. He saw me and stopped. I walked up to the vehicle as he rolled down his window. I removed the drink holder from the top of the vehicle and he said thank you, my grand kids gave me this and I would have been in trouble if I damaged it. It was a Baylor insulated drink holder.

            My good deed for the day done, I strolled back to my vehicle. 😊

 

Being observant, isn't always being nosy!

 

Senior nosy person who is also observant, Don the Ford

No comments: