Translate

Saturday, April 6, 2024

April 6, 2024

            Good morning or good day depending on when you look at this posting. Thanks to everyone who wished us a happy anniversary. Speaking of happy anniversary, we had supper out last night and at the end of our supper they brough us a large plate with Happy Anniversary written on it. Also, there was a bowl of ice cream that my favorite wife and I shared. Wow, I just thought, we are now starting our 56th year.

            Note: we expected to see the restaurant filled with people who were in town for the coming eclipse. They had a bunch of wait staff, but the restaurant was not close to being full.

We did sit outside yesterday afternoon when we got home from supper, and I will say, we had a good 55th anniversary. I have a photo of the two of us on our anniversary.


            Today I guess we are back on our normal Saturday schedule. I have thought about normal schedules and that they are kind of like an addiction. When you are addicted to something you can’t do without it, and when you are off your normal schedule you feel like you are missing something. Heck for ole people, if you’re not on your normal schedule, it is as if you are missing something, and often when your schedule has changed, you are not sure what day it is. Schedules are addicting especially to ole people.

            The scouts are having another car wash today, so we will probably get the Fords ole Chevy washed. I do want to get the table saw out, and by out, I mean, out on the driveway away from the garage, if it isn’t too windy, Using the table saw in a windy situation means dust everywhere. My project is small and what I have in mind may not even work. If I accomplish what I am trying I will tell you later, if not you will not be notified.

            Our neighbor had a tree cut down yesterday which was very close to his house. One half of the tree was over the back of his house. They were able to get it removed with no damage to the house.

            I have gotten a bid on the tree work that we did not get done before. If the weather is good, they will be here Monday. Most of our work is in the back 40, but there are a couple small dead limbs to be removed in the front yard. The neighbor has a limb hanging over their driveway near the street, the fellow giving us a bid saw the broken limb and said they would remove it for free.

            Well, I think I am going outside and see if the wind is blowing, if not I may get the saw out. We hope you have a good day, be productive at all you do, and please be safe.

Schedules are addicting.

Senior ole person who is a shadow of himself, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: