Translate

Thursday, April 4, 2024

April 4, 2024

            Good morning to you, and it is a good morning. The sun is shining, it will get into the low 80s today. I even have a project that my favorite wife is going to allow me to do. 😊

            What? You are asking me if I got the work done yesterday, and I am talking about my project for today. I would like to stay on one subject, and that subject is the subject that I pick! Do you have a problem with that?

            Ok. I have calmed down now; I should not had been so abrupt with you. I do want to stay on subject and maybe my subject was not as interesting to you, as the subject you asked about. And to be honest I have forgotten what my subject was. Let's see, your question was, "did I do the work I had said I was going to do, yesterday?" How should I try to explain this. I will try to point out what I did in the order that I did it, if I can remember what I did.

            I watered all the plants in the front and back of the homestead including the berry beds, and I rolled the hose up in prep for the mowing process.

            I picked up Poopa-Loopa from the back 40, and it was not easy. The grass was so tall that it was difficult to find the piles in the thick and tall grass.

            I picked up other debris such as sticks, and during this process I found a fairly large limb on the ground which I carried to the Fords ole trailer. Finding that limb caused me to decide to remove other low hanging limbs (from two areas) that would hit me as I was mowing. You are correct, I was distracted from the work I had planned to do.

            I went into the house for lunch.

            Lunch over, I headed out back and I decided to use the walk behind mower first. I mowed all the areas that would be difficult to get the riding mower in.

            I then got the riding mower out and inflated the tires, both back tires needed air, checked the oil and added gas. I mowed the back yard. After putting the riding mower away, I decided to take a brake as I was tired.

            After rehydrate-ing myself I did take a nap.

            I went to get Alex from school.

Returning home I wanted to see if my ole body would allow me to use the string trimmer and remove the weeds along the fence and close to all the flower beds. About 45 minutes later (also known as 5:00pm) I was done and putting the trimmer away.


            I made a drink and went out to the Fords ole swing where I rested. My wife did not join me as she was cooking something, and she could not walk away from it.

            When supper was ready, I went inside and enjoyed the food, heck I even had seconds.

            I then washed the dishes and completing the required washing, my favorite wife and I went outside and sat for a while. Yes, this is later than usual, but getting time together and away from the TV is always good.  

            Now you know that I was able to get all the work I had planned to due, done, and a little more.

            Now back to my first comment, my project today is to remove the easter decorations from the front yard.

            Well, I guess that is all for now, we hope you have a safe and fun filled day.

Planned work done!

Senior ole retired person who is happy he can still do things, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: