Translate

Thursday, April 18, 2024

April 18, 2024

We hope it is a good morning for all, and that the day will be even better than good. I do not have anything interesting to discuss in today's post, so I will just stop entering data and take a long-deserved break.

Before I get to the break, I will again comment on the bird that seemingly sings in the back 40 all night. Late evening I was in the Ford's ole bed room at 8:00pm and the bird was sounding off, loud and clear. At 1:30am the bird was sounding off, and at 6:30 this morning the bird was sounding off. I have started to believe one of the neighbors who live behind us has a recording of a bird sounding off, and plays it all the time.

We are more or less back on a normal schedule today; I will get the kids from school and Dave from work. we will probably not sit outside this evening as they are predicting storms to be in the area about 5:00pm.

Yesterday afternoon we went out to the front porch, we being Tres and I, so I could read from the book about Revelations. I still have a few more chapters to go, and for me it is very interesting. We had been out there for a while when my favorite wife came out to sit with us. I continued reading until I got through that chapter. All three of us just sat there enjoying the quiet afternoon, even though the humidity was very high, that is until a UPS truck decided to come into the neighborhood.

Now Tres doesn't like UPS, USPS, or FEDEX trucks or their drivers. We were sitting there and Tres was laying there, we thought he was sleeping, when he jumped up and started barking. The truck wasn't even in sight when he started barking, he could hear it, and knew it was one of the three. Tres is a loud mouth when he barks, and he don't stop just because we tell him to. We were happy when the truck left the area.

The neighborhood was then quiet again as we continued enjoying the afternoon. Shortly after that a friend dropped by to see how we were doing. We then proceeded from the front porch to the swing on the driveway as there are only two seats on the front porch. We all sat outside discussing things, when I noted, "it seems as if we were talking about aches and pains and problems that everyone seems to have". We agreed that we were, and maybe it has to do with age. It was about 6:00pm when we adjourned the visitation. 

My favorite wife and I plan to go into Waco and visit the cheap store this morning. While we are out, I should drop by the teller machine and get our stipend for the week, and my favorite wife needs to stop by the pharmacy to get a prescription. Heck with all that to do, I may not even get a nap today.  

Well as I said earlier, I have nothing to write about so I will sign off for now and wish everyone a good day, and please stay safe.

Be positive.

Senior ole person who had a decaf coffee this morning, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: