Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

April 10, 2024

            A nice wet good morning to you all. I have very little to discuss today, so get ready for a short presentation. As I have already mentioned, it is wet this morning, our free rain gage has 2.5 inches of rain in it this morning, and the day before it had ½ inch of rain in it. For that one person, that is a total of 3 inches here at the Ford’s homestead.

            Since it rained yesterday, the tree trimmers did not come to the homestead and trim trees in the rain. I said trees, there is only one large tree that needs to be trimmed in our back 40. The neighbor lady needs to get her tree trimmed; another limb from her tree fell during the storms. I assume we will get another call today saying, the trimmers will not be here again today due to the light rain. Personally, I think they should wait a few days and let some of the ground dry up before they start again.

            Yesterday was actually a do-nothing day; I did get the Alex from school and Dave from work. My favorite wife and I, along with Tres, sat outside on the front porch yesterday afternoon, as the chairs on the porch were dry, the cushions on the swing were wet. I did get a photo of a squirrel that was finding the left-over acorns and eating them while at the same time irritating Tres.

            I think Tres would have liked to have annihilated that squirrel, as it kept running from tree to tree aggravating the Tres.

            What do I plan for today, nothing much, but I might drive to the teller machine and get our weekly stipend, and if I do that, I might get a cup of real coffee at the star coffee place, I do have a free cup coming. 

            On days like this I have the time to read from my Revelation book. Yes, I do still read from the bible daily and I also attempt to do my bible study homework. I think we only have 3 more bible study meetings for this year.

            I will stop for now, we hope you have a good day, think some nice thoughts and please be safe.

Nothing doing.

Senior ole person who needs to do something, but what?  Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: