Translate

Thursday, April 11, 2024

April 11, 2024

            Hay, we are starting a new day and it isn’t raining. I did go out and check the free rain gage this morning, and over the last 3 days our free rein gage has accumulated almost 3.25 inches of water. Almost 3.25 inches of rain is a lot of rain and the back yard still has some water in it.

            To say I did not do anything yesterday would be more or less the truth. It was raining and I felt crummy, so doing nothing is the right thing. Heck I even went to the doctor even though I did not have an appointment. I was lucky, they were able to work me in. She, that is the lady doctor checked me out, they did a blood test. I have seen the results of the blood test and everything looked good. They will schedule me to see another doctor, and then I get back with my doctor in a month. My doctor told me to stop drinking coffee and anything with caffeine in it.

            I would like to see a few days without rain so I could get my yard man Alex over here to mow and trim the yards.

            I usually have a breakfast sandwich (cheese, egg, and sausage sandwich) while I am sitting here at the computer. I warm it up in the microwave and enjoy it while creating my posting. This morning, I got the sandwich out of the freezer, took it to the microwave and warmed it up. To my surprise it did not have sausage on it, just egg and cheese. It was not very good without the sausage. I went back to the freezer and check the others in the box, and they all have sausage. I guess the robot who makes the sandwich, made a mistake, or, it just wanted to cheat a real person!

            As I sit here, I often look at the security screens, this morning I am seeing a bird accessing the bird house that is located on the front porch just above the chairs where I sometimes sit to read, and if it is raining, we can often sit on the porch and stay dry. If that bird claims that house, will my sitting out there cause him / her problems. I could sit on the back patio to read but then I can’t keep an eye on the neighborhood. My favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday afternoon, it was cool and windy. 

            Well, this is another short posting but short is sometimes nice. We hope you have a good day, and please stay safe in all you do.

The sun is shining!

Senior ole person who needs to do something, but has nothing to do, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: