Translate

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

April 9, 2024

            Greetings from us to you, we have the possibility of severe storms today, with heavy rain, large hail and even the possibility of a tornado. We got some rain yesterday and the Free rain gage shows almost ½ inch of rain. I think we are back on our normal schedules for today, you know, picking up the kids from school and doing nothing. 

            Let’s see what happened yesterday. The tree people did come to our homestead and they did remove some dead limbs from our front yard trees. Also, they did remove the dead limb which was over the neighbor’s driveway. They went from our front yard to the other neighbors back yard where they cut down and removed an entire tree. We had the gate open so they could pull tree limbs from the back 40 to their chipper, photo to follow.


            We assume you can see the tree limbs on our driveway under our carport. Those limbs were from the neighbors back yard. They tossed them over the fence and pulled them to the car port when they back the chipper in.

            They did go into our back 40 and cut a couple tree limbs but not all that needs to be cut, they decided to leave I think because of the coming eclipse. They said they would be back tomorrow if it isn’t raining. They left their ladders in the back 40. They did clean up the excess debris before they left.

            Topic change: It started to rain about 5:00pm yesterday and I have a photo of something on our driveway that only shows up when it rains.



            I used a water sealer on the dry driveway a couple weeks ago, after it dries it will show up when it rains. My favorite wife said I was crazy for doing that, I think I am just silly.

            Topic solar eclipse: Let’s talk about the eclipse. My wife and I sat outside and watched it develop, but when it started to decline, we headed into the house. I have a photo of a cloud that was covering the sun a little before the eclipse maxed out.


            The clouds were moving and moved away a few minutes before entirety, yes, we had a blue sky during the main part of the event. It was dark enough that the outside lights came on. I have another photo showing the eclipse multiple places on my side walk. The sun was peeking through the leaves over the sidewalk and we could see the eclipse without looking up. It is like punching a hole in a piece of paper and holding it over another piece of paper.


 
            Another subject: I sat outside for a while reading my book about Revelations, and as I sat there something caught my attention in the neighbor’s yard across the street. I saw a bird attacking a cat in his yard. The bird would dive out of the tree and buzz the cat. I thought possibly the cat may have had a baby bird and the momma was after the cat. The cat would get as low as it could, lying flat on the ground. Then it would try to move and it would be attacked again. I did see the cat leave from under the tree and it did not have a baby bird in its mouth.

            Well, I guess that will be all for now, we hope you have a good day, please stay safe in all you do.

Silly not crazy!    

Senior ole retired person who says, “if you can’t have fun don’t do it”, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

 

No comments: