Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

April 24, 2024

            Good morning on this hump day, aka Wednesday, we hope your day is off to a good start. The Tres and I went out to the front yard as usual this morning where we noticed the air was very moist. It was not raining, but we could feel the moister. As I stood there waiting on Tres to review the front yard, our cat molly came up behind me and rubbed on my leg. That is her way of saying, “I am here, are you going to pet me”. As I rubbed her back, I could feel moister on her back from the humidity in the air. She also went across the street and fertilized the neighbor’s yard.

            I am not sure what I might do today, I did get on my knees yesterday in the back 40, and yes, I might have been praying as I pulled the weeds from the #3 bed and some weeds from the #2 bed. I do not like working in the sun, so I did not work on all the beds. It is cloudy today and if it doesn’t rain, I might be on my knees again today.

            I just observed the neighbor lady putting her recycle container out at the curb, I guess that means I need to also. I find it interesting that when she leaves her driveway, she turns on her turn signal.

            New thought: one of my neighbors ask why our house number shows up on the driveway when it rains. He is the only neighbor to ask about it, I assume others are too focused on their driving to see my driveway when it is wet.


 
            Yesterday, the weather was nice enough that my favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while. Just sitting outside doing nothing together is very enjoyable for me.

            I have seen some of the TV news about these so-called student protests and the politicians who are supporting them. Calm civil protests and calm discussions from the leaders and politicians [I don’t consider all politicians as leaders] are the correct way to protest. They should take a lesson from Dr. Marten Luther King when it comes to protests, and all protests should be done in a legal manner without causing problems to the opposition. When the opposition gets upset, the civil communications cease, and all progress stops. Polite civil discussions between two parties will often bring about change.

            Well, I guess I will stop for now, we hope your day is filled with polite civil conversations, and we also hope everyone stays safe.

Calm and polite.

Senior ole person who will try to be polite to his favorite wife today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: