Translate

Thursday, April 25, 2024

April 25, 2024

            Is it a good morning, he asked? Then he said, yes, it is a good morning here at the Ford’s homestead, and we hope it is for you too. Our day is starting off cloudy and a possibility of rain again today and for the next 3 days. The rain we received yesterday was very lite, but it did make everything wet. I did not get on my knees in the back 40 to pull weeds due to the wet grass.

            We are hoping that we will not get the predicted storms and very heavy rain over the next few days, and if we do, we hope that everyone will stay safe.

            I am wondering if I will get to pull weeds today. We want to go to the store and get some potting soil and some top soil to aid the flower beds and flower pots. If we are able to drag our ole bodies out of the homestead and into town, I would also like to get some fly paper, the type that can be hung in the garage to catch the flies. There are a lot of flies outside right now, and I want to keep them out of the house. Yes, I have the zapper running outside and it is getting several bugs.

Due to the wet weather yesterday, I wanted to sit on the front porch and watch the neighborhood. You know I am a good neighborhood watcher. As I was getting ready to go outside and sit, I thought I should take the story I wrote a few years ago and re-read it. I am always surprised when I read it, that I actually wrote it. The wording is good for the most part and the story line amazes me that it came out of my head. The story is only about 70 pages long, and it explains how our universe begins, along with some other interesting things. I only got about 20 pages read yesterday and I hope to get more read today.

I wish I had some other stuff to present, but I don’t, so I will say, “have a good day, be nice to all and please stay safe.”

Writer, “the Don”.

Senior ole person who might, but he might not, who knows? Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: