Translate

Monday, April 15, 2024

April 15, 2024

            Good Monday morning to everyone, we hope you have had a good weekend. Before anyone asks, yes, I have the trash can out at the street. What, you weren’t going to ask that. Sorry, I thought I heard someone talking in the back ground about the trash can so I thought you were going to ask.

            Well, yesterday, my do-nothing day, actually had a couple things to do. My favorite wife allowed me to take her to the cracker store for lunch. It was crowded, the food was good, the service was also good. Returning home I attempted to take a nap, but the nap did not materialize, so I proceeded to the back 40 where I decided to remove the debris that we had raked in piles and that Alex mowed around. I thought it would be a lot of work but it only took about 30 minutes to remove the sticks.

            I then decided to mow over those areas which improved the look of the yard. The tree people should be here this morning, it is now 8:00am and they are not here. The back 40 seems to be dry enough for them to work and it they do not come today it is supposed to be raining tonight. 

            My favorite wife allowed me to help with replanting a large flower, we moved it from one pot to another and it was a team effort. We then planted flowers in two other pots. I then watered the flowers in pots in the back 40.

            All that strenuous work completed; we then washed the dog. I did not set up the dog washing station (two benches that we sit on to wash both sides of the pot hound at the same time) in the usual location, and Tres seemed to be suspicious of what we were doing.

            Washing done, I decided to read a little so I went to the front porch where it was comfortable and quiet. After the reading was over it was time to feed the pot hound. We decide to go outside and sit on the Ford’s ole swing to enjoy the quiet time together. As one might see, my do-nothing day had a few events to keep me occupied. 

            Well, I guess I will stop for now, we hope you have a good day and please be safe in all you do.

A little more than nothing day.

Senior ole person who again has no plans for the day, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: