Translate

Monday, April 29, 2024

April 29, 2024

            Good morning to everyone, we hope everyone got through the storms ok, we have had about 2 inches of rain here at the Ford homestead, and there were reported tornados just a few miles away.

            Let’s see if we did anything yesterday. If I can get my ole brain to access yesterday’s memories, I believe, there was rain, lightning, heavy winds.

We decided to go to lunch at the cracker store which allowed my favorite wife to not need to cook. Food was good and service was very good, there was a crowd, and yes, we did need to wait to be seated.

            Later in the afternoon, my present spouse, Tres and I went to the front porch and rested during the afternoon between the storms that had been occurring. I was able to read several pages from my story and yes, I am still finding it interesting, even though I wrote it. I often wonder if someone other than me read it, how would they respond to the story, and the ending. Yep, only I have read it.

While we were sitting out on the porch yesterday, our neighbor lady and her two sons came out of the house and the two boys were able to move the tree limb that had fallen during a storm on their driveway, then one of the boys and the mother came over and talked for a while. 

Topic swap: I have a couple photos that I will share with you and one other person, the others just don’t get to see them. The first photo is of a few sunflowers that have voluntarily came up in a flowerpot and in the jasmine bed.


            These sunflowers are very skinny, but they are growing. What? I am talking about the sunflowers, and you are more interested in the fallen tree limb in the neighbor’s driveway. Try to stay focused on the content of my wording please.

            I have a photo of the water that was standing in the back 40, there was more water there earlier. Before anyone asks, yes that is a couple limbs in the upper left corner that has fallen from our tree in the back 40, that the tree trimmers did not want to remove, fearing that they would damage something.


 
            I have another photo of the tree limbs that fell in the back 40, I will remove them when the water has departed. 


 
            My favorite wife wanted to wash the dog yesterday, but the rain ruined her plans, and we do not plan to wash him today. my wife gets to go out for breakfast with a couple friends to celebrate another neighbor’s birthday.

            I guess that is all for now, we hope you day is storm free, we hope you stay safe, and we hope that one person will be nice to you again.

Not enough, then too much!

Senior ole person who hopes for a real cup of coffee today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: