Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2024

April 28, 2024

            I wish you a good morning, even though there is thundering and lightning outside. We are under a storm watch but it hasn’t started raining yet. We hope everyone stays safe and please, keep an eye on the weather all day.

            When the Tres and I walked outside this morning we had an odd feeling. It was cloudy and there was some thunder off in the distance but that was not the odd part, the neighborhood seemed to be lit up with some orange lite. It was kind of spooky, the light seemed to be coming from the clouds, we did not stay out too long. I just looked at the monitors and it is now starting to rain.

            I am now glad that I got outside and mowed yesterday. I did get the front yard mowed early in the day and I was back in the house to do my daily reading of the bible about 10:00am. Reading complete, my favorite wife allowed me to take her into town to get a sandwich for lunch. We may go there too often, because as I have stated in the past, we walk in, and the lady says good to see you again, and starts placing our order into the computer without asking what we want. By the way, it is now pouring rain like crazy.

            After eating our lunch, we headed to the cheap store just to see if there was anything we might want to purchase. We look a lot of the items over and I found something that I consider a toy. It is a solar powered unit that can be one of three things, a motion detecting light, it can be a bug zapper, and it can be both at the same time. I decided to get it and see how it worked.

            Returning home, I decide to get a short nap before attacking the back 40. Nap completed I headed out back and the first thing I needed to do was pick up sticks. As I picked up the sticks, I located the Poopa-Loopa that would be removed next. During the process I noticed that the dog’s water had some crud in it so I cleaned the bucket and added some clean water, then I removed the hose from the back 40.

            I was now ready to do the mowing, I used the walk behind first and then got the riding mower out. I did use the small air compressor that I had bought a week or two ago to fill the tires on the mower. Tires filled, oil checked, I started the mowing process. About 15 minutes into the mowing, I noticed that the mower seemed to be cutting on an angle, which could mean a tire was low but I had just filled them with air. I stopped the mowing process and checked the tires and both of the back tires were low, one was lower than the other. I refilled them and completed mowing.

            After mowing I checked the rear tires the way my neighbor suggested, and both are leaking in ways that they need to be replaced. Wow, what will that cost.

            All the mowing finished, equipment put away, I head to the house at about 4:00pm, my poor ole body was tired. I feed the pot hound  , made myself a drink and headed out side to rest. A friend arrived and all three of us were seated. Discussions were varied, and yes, the bible did get into the discussion.

            I just looked at the monitor again and the back 40 is standing in water due to the heavy rain. Most of the back 40 tilts toward the house, so all the water from the back 40 and off the roof of the house drains to that area. There is a lot of lightening it is getting closer.   

            Well, I guess I will stop for now, we hope the storms go away and everyone has a good day, please stay safe.

Yard man Don.

Senior ole person who needs a break, Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: