Translate

Saturday, April 20, 2024

April 20, 2024

            Good rainy morning to one and all. I did not know it was raining until I went out into the garage and Molly the cat came to me to be petted. Now the garage door was up enough for her to go in and out, and when I bent over to pet her, I could feel that her back was wet. The rain appears to be light and needed.

            Plans for today Saturday 20, 2024: well, if all goes well my favorite wife and I will go into Waco for a lunch sandwich, and maybe stop at the cheap store to look around. Alex’s school is taking the Orkestra members to Austin for the day. As I understand it, they will go to a very large mall and then to a place where they play games. Claire will be going as a chaperon. Since she will have their vehicle in Austin, we thought we would call Dave and see if he wants to venture into Waco with us for a sandwich and a visit to the cheap store.

            What did I do yesterday, well not a lot that morning although I did go into Waco and visit the Harbor store. I purchased a small compressor for the shed. Every time we use the riding mower we have to put air into the tires on the mower. I thought I would make it easier for yard man Alex by having the small compressor in the shed. Does it work? Yes, it works. I used it yesterday in preparation of mowing the back 40.   

            All week they have been talking about the rain and storms that are coming, so I decided to get outside and mow the back 40 before the rain arrived. The weather was mostly cloudy, and the air was cool and dry when I started the process. There were very few sticks in the yard to pick up, and not a lot of Poopa-Loopa to recover, I did need to roll up the hose before starting.

            There are three processes in the mowing of the back 40, string trimmer, walk behind mower, riding mower. I needed to decide in what order to proceed. I have learned the string trimming for me should be last, and that is because if I do the trimming first, I have a tendency to trim more than needed, and let’s face it, trimming for this ole person is real work. I decided to do the walk behind first, then the riding mower, then the trimming. While mowing I observed a new flower blooming.


 
            Something else I noticed was one of the black berries has started changing from green, heading for black. Now it isn’t black yet, but it has started.

            I have three string trimmers, my ole one, the newer trimmer that Alex likes, and the electric trimmer. Well, I started with the ole trimmer and it wasn’t long until it quit, so I went to the one Alex likes, but it does not have a straight shaft on it, and I find it difficult to use.

            Summary: I was tired when I finished, and the yard looked good. I don’t know why I used the curved shaft trimmer; I could have used the battery powered trimmer; it has a straight shaft. I should make better decisions.

            All that work done just in time for me and my favorite wife to sit outside. One friend came over and set with us. After a little while a second friend came over and joined our discussions. Yes, we have more than one friend. 

            Well, I guess that is enough for now, we hope you have a good day, stay dry and stay safe.

Ole yard man The Don

Senior ole person who needs a break from this computer, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: