Translate

Sunday, April 14, 2024

April 14, 2024

            Good Sunday morning to all, we hope everyone has a blessed day.

            What did the Don do yesterday, just a little more than nothing. My favorite wife and I went into Waco for lunch, we may be going there too often as the lady who takes the orders did not ask what we wanted when we arrived. She greeted us, placed our order without asking what we want, took our money. Yep, we do get the same thing all the time.

            On the way back home, we went over to get Alex our yard man to do our mowing. He was willing and able to mow the front and the back yards. The yards look good. Now I did pick up the Poopa-Loopa wile Alex got the mowers ready.

On the trip back to Alex’s home we did stop at the star coffee place to get him a big drink, and before anyone asks, yes, I did compensate Alex with some cash for the work.

            I did put some time in on the front porch reading from the book on revelations. Even though I was sitting on a chair directly under the bird house, the birds continued flying in and out. I guess they think ole people are too slow to hurt a bird.

            My wife made a pot of vegetable soup and corn bread for the neighbors down the street. This neighbor lady had her foot and part of her leg removed a few weeks ago and is now home recovering. We enjoyed visiting with her and her husband. She is doing good considering all that has happened.

            Back at the fords homestead my present wife and I sat outside enjoying the noise of the birds. It seems like every bird was chattering yesterday afternoon.

            Today: absolutely no plans for the day other than some reading. We hope everyone has a good day and as always please stay safe in all you do.

Short posts are good!

Senior ole person who could use a cup, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: