Translate

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

April 3, 2024

            We wish everyone, and yes that includes you, a good morning. The day here in Hewitt is supposed to be sunny and warm, but it is cool this morning.

            I do have a plan for the day and it is to not follow my normal schedule. Now for that one person, not following a normal schedule, (aka usual routine) is often difficult for senior persons. You are correct, I am in my normal routine right now as I am attempting to put together this soon to be wonder filled posting. My scheduled change should occur, after I finish this work.

            The first part of my plan is to do my bible reading as soon as I finish this posting, which is usually about 8:30. My usual routine is to kick back in the Ford’s ole worn-out recliner and take a short nap, until about 9:00 then get started reading. It should be close to 11:00 when I complete the reading and then the bible study homework. A light lunch then…

            The next part of my plan is to water all the flower pots and the berry beds, the rain we received the other night was less than ¼ inch, so I want to apply more water. That being done I hope to remove the hose and other debris (sticks and Poopa-Loopa) from the back 40. I then must decide to start with the riding mower or the walk behind as I will need to use both. Following that decision, I hope to mow the back 40. Mowing completed, the plan is to get the string trimmer out and trim around everything in the back 40. The trimming is the most stressful part of the work, for and ole senior person.

            Now someone might ask, why the Don doesn’t get his yard man Alex to do the work. well, he is in school and the work needs to be done now, the grass is tall. I can’t wait until Saturday as the scouts are having a car wash this Saturday and Alex will be working there.

            The front yard needs mowing but not as bad as the back, so it can wait for another day.

            If changing the schedule fails, then who knows what I will do.

            Let’s talk about a different schedule change: yesterday I had decided to go into town and get an oil filter for the riding mower and a quart of oil. I got neither! I was in the Ford’s ole Chevy and I was possibly one mile from home when I looked at the dash and saw a warning. It showed my left front tire had 11 pounds of air in it. I found a place to stop, I got out and looked and the tire was low. I then headed for home hoping the tire would not go completely flat. At home I added air to the tire. Then I decided to go to the tire shop. I had been considering getting new tires for a while, so I guess now is the time.

            Would you believe, the price for the new tires was so expensive, we may need to stop eating for a couple months. I have needed to lose a few pounds anyway, so that might be the catalyst to get my weight reduced. I did not get an oil filter or oil for the riding mower as my schedule had been disrupted.

            Another subject that is more positive, and a photo to enlighten: as my favorite wife and I sit outside each evening, a neighbor lady who lives at the end of the block drives by on her way home from work. We always wave like crazy at her and she always waves back at us. I started this waving more than a year ago and if we are outside in the afternoon we wave at her. Well all that said, she is in the hospital, so we decided to take a photo of the two of us waving and send it to her. She responded with a thank, you and she said it made her feel happy.


            Well, I think that is enough for now, lets see if I can break my ole routine and not take a nap. We hope your day is on schedule, and please stay safe.

Wave party!

Senior ole person who might get off his schedule, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: