Translate

Saturday, April 27, 2024

April 27, 2024

            We want to wish everyone good morning and we hope you have not been hit by any of the storms that were seemingly everywhere yesterday. We here in Hewitt were not in the line of the storms, we did see a few sprinkles, but nothing heavy. We are told that today may be kind of good, with a lot of wind and the possibility of storms this evening, tonight and possibly into tomorrow morning.

            I did nothing much yesterday, other than get Dave and the kids from work and school. I did go and get some gas in the Fords ole Chevy and I also filled the gas can with gas so we can continue to mow the yards as needed. After getting the gas I decided to go to the Star coffee place and ask for a cup of coffee with cream. The last cup I got there they forgot the cream. The line of cars was wrapped around the building and I did not want to wait 15 minutes to get a cup, so I got out of line and headed for happier times.

            I did not sit outside and read yesterday due to the lightning and thunder, I was able to sit inside where it was somewhat safer and read. I still have more of my story to read, and I am still enjoying it. Later in the afternoon the thunder and lightning had left the area so we did sit outside for a while enjoying the quiet time.

            I guess today will be a kind of normal day, heck it the weather stays dry I might even attempt to mow the front yard. If I get that done without incident, I might try to mow the back yard, we will see how things go. If I do mow, I will need to give up some of my normal schedule and you know how difficult it is for ole retired people to alter their schedule.

            Wow, work or stay on my Saturday schedule? Why do ole people have to make these difficult decisions? I guess I will stop and attempt to decide between working, or a normal schedule. We hope your day is good and please stay safe in all you do.

Work or schedule?

Senior ole person who needs a break from thinking, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: