Translate

Sunday, February 25, 2024

February 25, 2024

            We would like to wish you all a happy new day, it is a new day isn’t it. Yesterday was one odd ball day for us. Usually on a Saturday we head out to Waco for a lunch sandwich, and we usually stop at the less than expensive store to see if they have anything we need. Then returning home I would get a nap and later in the afternoon I, along with my favorite wife, would go outside and sit in the quiet of the neighborhood, discussing world problems, or things that I want to discuss from the bible, as my favorite wife sometimes understands biblical events different than I do. Most of that did not happen yesterday!

            The people we have hired to trim our trees were supposed to come over and get the project done yesterday. It was after 2:00pm when they arrived, I was out in the back 40 where I had started weed eating the ditch. Two people showed up and they did not have the young man that they had said was their tree climber. They brought an extension ladder that was probably 20 feet long before they started extending it. I said it looked like a long ladder we had when I was a volunteer fire fighter, the older fellow said he had been a volunteer fire fighter also. The ladder was hard for the two of them to handle so I helped a little.

            They were able to lean the ladder on the tree limb, next to the area where they were going to cut. The ole fellow said he wanted to tie the ladder to the tree limb, but he did not have any rope. I was able to provide a rope and the ole fellow climbed the ladder and tied it to the limb. The other fellow, I assume he is the boss, left, so only the ole fellow was here to work.

            The ole fellow’s plan was to start the chain saw, and with-it running, climb the ladder then cut the two limbs and climb back down. The chain saw would not start even though he pulled on it a lot. Then he added gas, his container was leaking a lot when he tried to pour it into the saw (there will be dead grass). He then checked the oil and added oil, the oil he was using was my oil, it was the oil I had drained from the big generator and poured back into the bottle which I had left sitting in the garage for later disposal.

            After about 15 minutes of trying to start the saw, I suggested he might want to check the spark plug. He asks if I had a socket that would fit the plug, he used my socket and ratchet to remove the plug. He then poured gas on the plug and asked if I had a wire brush to clean the plug. I provided him with a wire brush. Plug reinstalled, he asked if I had a little bolt that was missing from the saw, I provided a small bolt and a screwdriver.

            Finally, he was able to get the saw started, he did climb the ladder and cut the first limb without any problems, the second bumped his ladder when it fell. If he would have fallen it would have been close to a 30-foot fall. Down from the ladder safely, he then started to cut the two big limbs into smaller pieces. At that point I headed for the house. I then saw him pulling limbs to the front yard, coming through the small gate. I then moved the pickup and opened the two big gates for him.

            He pulled limbs through the gate to the front yard, and I asked why he did not back the pickup out to the back yard instead of pulling the limbs to the front yard. He thought that was a good idea. Then a female person arrived, and they were getting ready to leave, they left the chain saw, gas and oil out near the ole shed and said they would be back this morning around 10:00. I wasn’t thinking that it would be Sunday. Will they come on a Sunday?

            I present you with all that info to say, “proper and good management makes all companies small or large better”. Also, I want to show that I was available to help as needed.

            Topic swap: My favorite wife and I did sit outside yesterday afternoon and while we were relaxing, I was able to get a photo of Molly the cat. Yep, she had come out of here cage and was resting under the van.


            Well, that is all for today, have a good Sunday, be safe and help others.

Trees not trimmed yet.

Senior ole person who can’t go out for lunch today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

 

No comments: