Translate

Saturday, February 17, 2024

February 17, 2024

            Good chilly morning to you all, I think winter is back for a couple days, and I might just stay inside today. I did get a lot of what I wanted to get done, completed yesterday, but there is more to be done.

I did clean out a couple flower beds and trimmed some dead parts of the plants away then, for some reason, I decided to rake over part of the area that I had raked a couple months ago. There were many acorns to be raked but there was as many acorn caps to be raked. I raked an area into a pile then I raked another area into another pile, there were at least 15 piles of acorns, caps and dead grass. I filled the ole red wagon and a small trash can with this debris. Photo to follow.


            It may not look like a lot but that is a big red wagon. Ok, I heard what you said, and this time you are correct, the ole Red Wagon is really an ole Pink Wagon, as it is possibly 30 years old and faded, (that is two years older than me). I did take the wagon and trash can to the ditch behind the house and left the debris there. That amount of raking has me very tired.

            I did take the wife’s van to get gas in it yesterday, and while I was away, I procured a cup of real coffee, then I picked up the clothes from the cleaners and returned home.

            My favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while yesterday afternoon, earlier than usual, and as we sat there the wind began to blow harder and it was cooling down, so we knew the cold front was coming through. 

            New topic: I am tired of the commercials for these candidates for political offices. We see the same commercials multiple times, every time I watch the TV. When will it end? This morning, I was attempting to watch one of the national news channels this morning, and they were showing the same so-called news items that I had seen yesterday.

            I had asked to get our yard man Alex over here on Monday, as they are out of school Monday, and have him do a bunch of yard work. Now that I have thought about it, I guess we will postpone that until possibly Tuesday. I go to the eye doctor Monday morning, and they always dilate my eyes. When I get my eyes dilated, I have a tendency to wear the sunglasses inside the house until my eyes get back to normal and avoid all extra bright lights.

            Too cold for ole people today, I might get a cup of homemade coffee and sit on the Ford’s ole recliner and do nothing again. We hope your day is warm and safe.

Yard work difficult?

Senior ole person who wants to stay inside today, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: