Translate

Friday, February 2, 2024

February 2, 2024

            Ok I am back at home after dropping the grandkids off at schools this morning. Traffic was crazy as usual in Hewitt, but this ole senior was able to navigate through the crazy drivers and make it home safe and sound. 

            No plans for today as it is foggy and damp outside, and later this evening and overnight, we are supposed to have heavy rain and storms in the area.

            I did go to the shed yesterday and removed the wheelbarrow, which had not been used in years, and I gave it to Dave. That made a little more room in the shed, and I am still considering the possibility of making another shelf to help store the many items we have.

            My favorite wife and I did go out for supper yesterday afternoon at the cracker store. When I consider our going out for the evening meal, I notice that we eat much earlier than we would if we stay at home. Evening meals at home are at 6:00pm usually, but when we go out, we usually leave the house at 4:30pm in an effort to beat the crowds. Now going to the cracker store yesterday there was no crowd, as a matter of fact there were very few people there. The food was good, but the service was a little slow when we consider the small number of customers.

            On the way home I observed in the sky, as I was driving, a small area the colors of a rainbow, the photo is not really good. I wish you could have seen it; it was cute.


            Back at home we did have time to sit outside for a while and enjoy some quiet time, the weather was good, and the neighborhood was peaceful.

            Our home phone would not receive a call yesterday. If anyone called it said something like, can’t receive a call now try again later, and it did not ring in the house. Oddly, I tried to make an outbound call, (while the phone was not receiving inbound calls), and the outbound call worked. Yep, we could call out but could not receive any calls, yes, we have cell phones and they worked.  

            No one asked so I will not enlighten you to the fact that I am still reading from the story I had written a few years ago and it is still interesting.

            Well, we hope you have a good day, stay safe and be aware of the weather.

Rest filled Friday?

Senior ole person who needs to get some rest, or not, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: