Translate

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

February 14, 2024

            Happy Valentine’s Day, even though I did not get you a valentine. Ole people can’t be expected to buy a present for all you real people, we don’t have the funding, or the will, to get out and shop for candy and flowers.

            The Don has a few plans for today, and a couple photos from yesterday that he would like to share with most of you. But first, let me say thanks to all who have requested that they stay on the email list for my journals (aka blog) postings, your names are on the new list. Anyone wanting to stay on the list but has not responded, has until the last day of this month to let me know to keep you on the list.

            Today: I hope to get my hair cut, as I have a half price coupon and you know us ole people need to save money. I did get a valentine card from my favorite wife this morning and I gave her one also.

            I may also get out in the yard and do some trimming around the house today, there are some bushes that need to be trimmed.

            Yesterday after lunch: I had decided to go to the pharmacy to get my prescription but when I walked outside the weather was so nice that I decided to trim a few bushes in the back 40. It was just too nice of a day not to do some yard work, even though the ground is still very wet from the recent rains. I do not have a before photo of the bushes, but I have a photo of the Ford’s ole trailer that was empty before the Don started trimming. I do have an after photo of the professional quality work that an ole senior has done.



            As you can see, The Don is a hard working ole person. Ok, it wasn’t that hard, but it did take some time.

            Different topic: as you may know I pick up the grandkids from school in the afternoons, but is seems as if I am going to get a break. This coming Friday, Monday and Tuesday, the kids will be out of school. The kids explained it as a 5-day weekend. 

            Well, I know this is a short posting, so I suggest you take a break, get a cup, or maybe take a nap, but what ever you do, please be safe.

Bush trimmer.

Senior ole person who might get a cup, and take a nap, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: