Translate

Thursday, February 8, 2024

February 8, 2024

            We hope you had another nice day yesterday, we did, and we would like to wish each of you a good morning. The new coffee maker does work, I had another homemade cup of coffee made with the new coffee maker this morning.

            My first comment today is about a SUV that I observed parked in front of the neighbor’s mailbox yesterday. Now when I say, “in front of” I mean it was about 3 feet off the curb, and blocking the mailbox so the mail man could not drive up to the mailbox. I thought the vehicle was possibly disabled and needed to be hauled away. No one would park that far away from the curb, and in front of a mailbox.

            Later in the day I observed a female, she appeared to be elderly, approach the vehicle and get in. She started the vehicle and drove away. The vehicle was not disable, just a, “not so good driver”.

            What did I do yesterday, not a lot. I did go to the bank and got the $5.00 stipend, and I got a free cup of coffee at the star coffee place. It would be better if they made their coffee hotter.

            In the afternoon I went outback and picked up sticks from the yard. Parts of the back 40 needs to be mowed, it has what I call winter grass. I did rake up some leaves and put them in the black berry beds. These leaves were left there in piles during the last mowing session. They were mulched and ready for the berry beds.

            As I ventured around the back forty, I noticed some Poopa-Loopa piles, so I removed all that I could find. After all that work, this senior ole person did get Dave from work, and Alex from school. It was too cool and windy yesterday for me and my favorite wife to sit outside.

            The back 40 has a few spots of what I call winter grass that is growing, and I could get the ole riding mower out and mow those spots before the rain starts this weekend. It is said to be cloudy all day today but the temp is to get up to 74 this afternoon. I do not have any other plans for today, but who knows I might find some things to do.

            Tomorrow I may not have a posting, my favorite wife has an appointment to get her eyes check tomorrow and we have to drive to temple for the tests. We will need to leave early to get there on time, as we are not totally sure which part of the building to go to, and it is a huge building with several entrances, although I think I know where it is. These are the same tests that my eye doctor has me take, and mine or here in Waco. 

            Stop receiving these emails: if you want to stop receiving these emails you do not need to do anything, and you will be taken off the list the last day of this month.

Continue receiving these emails: If you want to continue receiving these emails let me know by the end of the month, and you will be kept on the list. 

I will remind you a couple times before the end of the month.

Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a profitable day, please stay safe, and smile at least twice today.

Warm winter day, nice.

Senior ole person who should do something, but what? Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: