Translate

Sunday, February 11, 2024

February 11, 2024

            We received another half inch of rain this morning early, along with some lightning and thunder, giving us close to 1.5 inches of rain for the last couple days. We have known that Tres did not like the thunder and now we believe that Molly the cat doesn't like thunder either.

            Yesterday afternoon it was thundering, and Molly came to the door and wanted in the house. Now for the last week or so she has not wanted to come in the house or be seen by people. She had been staying inside her container in the garage. Well, I let her in and put her on my desk. She allowed me to pet her for a while, then she just laid down and snoozed for a while.

            This morning it was thundering again, and she came to the door wanting in again, no not my favorite wife, Molly the cat, so I put her on the desk again where she took it easy for a while. I had opened a can of dog food and after I feed Tres, I set the almost full can in front of her, she likes canned dog food. Molly was on my desk for about 40 minutes this morning before I put her back out in the garage. I did see her go out to the driveway and get a drink from a rainwater puddle.

            About an hour later I opened the door but since it was not thundering, she was not wanting to come in.  

            Enough about livestock: we did go out to lunch yesterday to celebrate Patrick's birthday. Dave and Alex joined us but Claire and Gabi had other plans. The food was good, the service was slow, the discussions were spirited.

At the homestead we had the birthday cookie, and I have a photo of Patrick holding it.


          Later in the afternoon when Patrick and Karla were getting ready to leave it was again raining.

            Today, everything is wet, and yes, the back 40 is standing in water again, so there will be no outside work for me today. 😊       I guess I can finish my bible study homework and maybe get a nap or two this afternoon. 

            Crazy thought: for some reason this thought came to me so I may be crazy. The thought has to do with old Harley Davidson motorcycles, and they called these, "Hard Tails". The hard tail motorcycle seat had big heavy-duty springs under the seat. The reason for the heavy-duty springs was, to make the ride a little more comfortable. As the name Hard Tail implies, the bike did not have shocks on the back of the bike, so every bump would have been felt if it had not been for the springs under the seat. The bike did have shocks on the front wheel.

            I just had a thought; I have a dental appointment tomorrow for a cleaning. Now that I have consider the cleaning of teeth, and there are people who will clean your vehicle, you can take the Dog to be washed, is there anyone you can go to for a total human body cleaning.  

            Well, I don't have any other thoughts right now, so I will say so long, be kind to someone today, even if it is your spouse, and as always stay safe.

Wet world.

Senior ole person who might get some rest today, not that he needs it, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: