Translate

Friday, February 16, 2024

February 16, 2024

            Wow, I got through another day! For us ole people, getting through another day is a real blessing. Not one of you asked if I had gotten on my knees out in the back 40 and near the driveway to pray and also to do some work.

            At one point I was on my knees in the back 40, and this time I was working. I guess I should have been praying, as I reached for some weeds to remove, I failed to pay attention to the rose bush, and I was wounded. There were 10 wounds to my left arm and the blood ran freely for a while. I will attempt to add a photo of the mean rose bush.


            What we see there is the base of the rose bush, wh
ich is not flexible and has hard sharp stickers. When you bump into this thing you have a tendency to quickly jerk away and that seem to add to the injury. No, I will not need hospitalization, but some gentle reassuring words from my favorite spouse would be nice.  

            I was able to butcher several smaller bushes and get the cuttings into the trash can, I also removed some leaves and was able to get them in a trash bag. Is the Don done, nope. Whatever he is able to do today in the removal of unwanted plant parts, is all he will get done for a while. Today is said to be the last warm day for a couple days. They have said we will be in the 80s a couple days next week.

            I believe I have the day off from picking up Dave or the grandkids, Dave should have the car today, as his wife has the day off, and the kids are out of school. 


            I did not get gas in my favorite wife’s van yesterday; I had thought I would drive it to supper and get the gas on the way home. I drove the Ford’s ole Chevy to supper and did not think about gas until we were on the way home. I will need to get the gas this morning before she heads out to town.

            I have noticed the color green starting to show up in the front yard. it is not to a point of needing mowing, but the green is becoming visible. It will not be long before I will need the Ford’s yard man every weekend.

            Well, I think I will stop for now, and see if I can drag my ole body from this office chair to the front room and crawl into the Ford’s ole recliner. We hope everyone has a good Friday, be careful in all you do, and say something nice to at least one person.

Ole knees on the ground.

Senior ole person who may get a cup of coffee when I get gas in the van, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: