Translate

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

February 28, 2024

            This is the 28th, it usually is the last day of February, but this year they have tacked an additional day on to the month. For that one person, and you know who you are, this year will have 366 days instead of the usual 365 days. The proceeding should be considered your lesson for today.

Now let us assess the situation of today. I have a couple things I could do today, these are not plans, just things I could do, like spreading fertilizer on the front yard. I could run the sprinkler system as the ground does appear to be dry. The temp is going to be much cooler today than yesterday, (50 degrees) and it is going to be windy. Wow, one day summer, the next day winter again.

We did get the limbs removed from the yard yesterday, I checked with the city to see if they had a phone number for the fellow who was supposed to do our trimming, they did not. I contacted a fellow I know who works for the city, and he provided info of tree people who could remove the limbs. It cost some money but we got the limbs removed.

The contractor who was supposed to do our tree trimming did not show up Monday or Tuesday to work, but he did come by Tuesday afternoon late, there was a female in the truck with him, he was definitely not there to work. I was not home and my favorite wife was sitting outside when he arrived. He commented to my present spouse that we had the tree limbs removed, and she said, “yes and we had to pay to get them removed”. She also told him he needed to talk with me, and that I would be home at 4:30. He said he would come back. As usual he did not come back.

Once the limbs were removed, I did a sprinkler system check, setting the sprinklers to run 2 minutes each section, I observed each sprinkler head. Most were preforming as expected, a couple need some adjustment.

Topic swap: next Monday has a couple things happening. One, Alex will have a birthday and he will be 14 years old. It seems to me he should be 5 or 6 years old. Two, it will be the start of spring break for the school kids. Wow, the kids get a break but us ole people never seem to get a break.

Well, I guess that is about it for now, we hope everyone has a good day, filled with kindness and as always, please be safe.

Contractor?

Senior ole person who needs to get the recycle bin out to the curb, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: