Translate

Monday, February 26, 2024

February 26, 2024

            Happy Monday morning, at least I think it is Monday morning. The weather people are predicting a temperature of 91 degrees today, isn’t it still February? That seems a little warm to me but they say it has been that hot in January several times in the last century.

            Let’s see if we have any plans for today: well, I should get Dave from work this afternoon, and get the kids from school, I plan to not go to the bible study this evening, instead go to listen to Alex and the other kids play some music, as they are having a concert. The rest of my plan has to do with the possibility of tree trimming.

            The tree trimmers had indicated that they would arrive at our house about 10:00am Sunday, they did not so my favorite wife and I went to the Cracker store for lunch. We left Tres guarding the back 40. Arriving back at home the trimming people were not there. They showed up here yesterday a little after 1:00pm, they looked at the trees, they asked some questions, they tried to get the extension ladder to work, the fellow who is supposed to be their main climber, was here a short while, he was on the phone a lot of the time, he said it is Sunday and I will be back Monday. The older fellow (63 years old) stayed a couple hours, he borrowed my pole saw and climbed on the roof where he cut some limbs. Some he dragged across the roof and tossed off the back of the house, some fell in the front of the house. I move the limbs that fell in front of the house and the ones that were tossed off the back. Some one came and picked him up about 3:00pm.

            Better subject: my favorite wife and I did sit outside yesterday afternoon and as you may have guessed, the main topic was tree trimming. We did discuss another topic and that was staining the crosses on the bench that is on the front porch. Did I say discussed, I stained the three crosses and have ben told that I will be allowed to apply some sealer to them today. I do have two photos, one is a pretty bloom on a flower in the hot house, the other is a stack of limbs on my wife’s cactus plants.



 
            I just looked at the security cameras and it appears to be a little foggy outside. I also observed Molly the cat outside on the driveway and on the sidewalk in front of the house. I think she may have been watching a animal which I also saw in the front yard. I could not tell if it was a rabbit, but it did move like a rabbit. Molly has come out in public a couple times in the last few days. I think it is the noise of the saws that gets her out and about, but she doesn’t come to us to get petted, although she will let us pet her, if we go to her. Maybe she is going to get back to normal.

            Well wish us luck that the tree trimmers would get here, trim the trees, pick up all the debris, put things back where they came from, and then leave, all the while being safe. Proper management of any business is important.

We hope you have a good day, try to be nice to us ole people, and as always be safe in all you do.

Tree trimming headache.

Senior ole person who might get a cup of homemade coffee and wait, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: