Translate

Sunday, February 4, 2024

February 4, 2024

            Good morning to all, we hope you have had a good night of resting and are ready to face the day. Our major plan for today is to have a good lunch, as the roast has been in the slow cooker all night, and I could lay there in bed and smell it cooking, can it be any better than that.

            There was an ole TV show on yesterday and they were using hound dogs to track someone. Now I wasn’t interested in the TV show but it got me to considering hunting, and in particular “Coon Hunting”. For that one person, the word Coon is short for Racoon.

            I am sure there may be people who hunt coons differently than some of the Missouri people do. Let’s see if I can explain the process that I know about. Some men get together, they have their dogs, it is usually late night, they go out into the woods and they find a place to sit and wait. They then release the dogs and they sit around telling stories while the dogs do all the work.

If one of the dogs barks the owner will say that is my dog, he is tracking, they will hear the dogs tracking for a while. Then one or more of the dogs starts barking differently, the owner recognizing his dogs bark says, that is my dog and he has one treed, (treed means a coon is up a tree and the dogs have found him) and they get up to go see what the dogs have.

            When they find the tree where the coon is, they get the coon and head back to their resting place waiting on the dogs to track and tree another coon. That is coon hunting as I remember it.

            Topic swap: yesterday afternoon after we had sat outside for a while enjoying the nice weather, I came into the house and turned the TV on, assuming I would watch some of the ole Three stooges show. That did not happen. Instead, the movie Heat of The Night was coming on so I watched it. I sat there in the ole office for 2 hours watching that movie and it is good. I have watched that movie several times and I always like it.

            Another topic: Alex got a new barbell sat yesterday, so now he can workout not only at school but also at home. They got the bar and weights unwrapped and on the weight bench. I think both Alex and his dad worked out with the weights yesterday. We hope to have a photo in the near future.

            Different subject: I should start working on the income tax for the year, I do have all the forms but I have not been excited about starting them. 

            Well, I guess I will close for now, we hope all have a good day, stay safe and take a nap or two.

Income Tax.

Senior ole person who needs to get up and move around, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: