Translate

Saturday, February 24, 2024

February 24, 2024

            Good morning all you early risers, and hello to the rest of you. The day is starting off with temps in the 40s and it should be another nice day with sunshine but no rain.

Speaking of rain: I had noted yesterday that I intended to test the lawn sprinkler system by running each section for one minute. Well, that did not happen, and I doubt that it will happen today. The ground is getting dry on top, I assume it is still damp deeper down in the ground, so we could use some rain or have the sprinklers do the work.

I did work on the generators yesterday, I was able to put the oil in the big unit, and both of them started and ran, I even hooked the table saw up to each of them to be sure they were creating electricity, they were. I was surprised with the large unit; I pulled on the rope getting ready to give it a hard pull, and the darn thing started. I think they both ran for at least a half an hour, the smaller one ran longer, I must have put too much gas in it. Now I am trying to assure myself that all the gas is out of both of them before I put them away. Any gas left in them could cause problems next time I want to start them. Hopefully I will get through with them and get them put away today.

Different subject: one of the reasons I did not get finished with the generators yesterday was I agreed with a tree trimmer to work on our trees. I want the trees in the front yard trimmed back some, especially the limbs over the house and the big tree in the back 40 has some dead in it and I want it trimmed back. They started cutting some limbs yesterday in the front yard and while they were cutting one limb that hung over the neighbor’s driveway, a limb in her tree broke and fell, so they cut it up and it is piled in our front yard. They should be back here this morning to get started on the project.

Donna and I did sit outside yesterday afternoon, as usual, and I have a couple photos.




                                                                        

            The first is an easter Lilly that is mostly white, second are miniature Lilly’s, third puffs of clouds, and forth a cloud that is difficult to define. 

I guess I should get outside and complete a couple things before they get here, we hope you have a good day, and please stay safe.

Chain saw noise.

Senior ole person who needs to get started, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: