Translate

Sunday, February 18, 2024

February 18, 2024

            It is a cold morning here at the Ford homestead with a temperature of 28 degrees outside. Yes, it will be too cold for ole senior persons to venture forth from their homes today.

            Yesterday I basically did nothing all day. Now I did drive my favorite wife to the pharmacy to check on a prescription, then she was willing to ride with me in the Fords ole Chevy into Waco, where we had a lite lunch, which cost too much.

After lunch we decided to go to the cheap store that has items up to 70% off regular price, and we shopped. By shopping I mean, we walked around looking to see if there is anything we needed or wanted. They have a gas string trimmer for $79.00, that seemed like a very good deal, but I did not need one. I did purchase a new carrying case for my cell phone, you know one you were on your belt. I think I might post a photo for your enjoyment.


           Spending a whopping $4.00 for the carrier, we left there and drove to the mall on the other side of town, where my favorite wife left me in the vehicle while she went shopping. She shopped long enough that I was able to get a short nap. She bought something but I don’t know what was in the bag that she put in the back seat. We then headed for home hoping to rest and relax the remainder of the day.

Rest did not come as I was allowed to get in the shower with the Tres and give him a bath. He cried most of the time as I washed him. When it is warm, and we wash him outside he seems to enjoy those baths but not the indoor baths.

Dog washed, and yes, I then took a shower, I sat down and started watching an ole movie, “Big Country”. It is a cowboy show and I did watch more than half of it before I switched the channels and watched some Three stooges. I had a sandwich for supper and then headed for the bedroom. I did watch some TV while I lay there in bed.

Wow, that was an uninteresting day. Thanks to all who have asked to be kept on the mail list, and thanks to those who have not. I will start the new E-mail list the first of March. You don’t need to do anything to get off the list, let me know if you want to stay on the list.

We hope that everyone has a good day with good food and as always stay safe.  

Phone pouch purchase.

Senior ole person who don’t like the very cold or hot weather, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: