Translate

Monday, February 5, 2024

February 5, 2024

             

              Ok, how do I start this posting, with a mistake I made or with some work I did? Since everyone voted for mistake, I will not bow to pressure, and I will start with work. 

            As I begin to enlighten that one person, and you know who you are, I would say that the work wasn’t really work, it was more a task to get me out of the house. Yesterday, my wife made a very good meal for lunch, and it was even better for supper. Most of the day we sat around in the house wishing we had something to do.

I did spend some time reading from the bible, I did do the bible study homework, and I finished reading the story I had written. I did find a couple words that should have been different, and a couple areas where I should have added more content (explanation), but it was still enjoyable.

In the afternoon I went outside and just sat there on the Ford’s ole rocker for a while, then it came to me I could go out to the shed and consider if I want to build a shelf or not. Arriving at the shed I learned that I had, “screwed up”, aka known as, “made a mistake”!

I know I said, I would start with the work and not the mistake, but the mistake came first. As I approached the shed, I heard a beeping noise, and it was coming from the shed. I opened the door, and the beeping noise was coming from the power inverter. I had left the lights on for several days, which get their power from the inverter, and the battery that provides power to the inverter was basically dead.

I did bring the almost dead battery, to the garage, where I am charging the battery. I could have left the battery in the shed and the solar panel would charge it but more or less like a trickle charge.

Now to the work. After all the above, I did not want to go back into the house, so I thought I might attempt to remove some acorns from a flower bed. I was using the pecan roller to pick up the acorns. I could not get to many of them as they were too close to plants and things. I then got the ole broom and I would sweep the acorns into an open area and use the roller, but the broom also pushed leaves and little sticks into the open area with the acorns, and that is a problem for the roller.

I then got the leaf blower and after sweeping acorns and trash into the open area, I would use the blower to get the leaves and little sticks out of the way. I was able to collect half a 5-gallon bucket of acorns and acorn caps, before my favorite wife came outside and we both sat on the swing for a while. I do have more acorns to pick up and hopefully I will do that today.

Yesterday evening late, I carried some trash out to the trash can when I observed a pretty sunset.


          Well, I guess we are back on a normal schedule for today, we do have bible study tonight and if we go early, we can have some free food before the meeting. We hope your day is nice, and that we all stay safe while we are doing whatever we do.

Acorn eliminator.

Senior ole person who likes coffee but not acorns, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: