Translate

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

February 21, 2024

            Another good warm morning here at the Ford homestead, we had a nice day yesterday and I did have Alex over yesterday to do some yard work. I was hoping to have both of the grandkids, but I only got one. If we would have had both I would have also gotten the ditch behind the house mowed down.

            Alex and I did stop by the Star coffee place to get a cup before we headed to the Ford’s house and all that work.

Alex cleaned out three large flower beds, a couple using the string trimer, leaf blower and rake, and one by being on his hands and knees pulling the weeds by hand. Alex cleaned up all the debris that came out of the beds and then he went to the front yard and raked up acorns and acorn caps. Alex did a good job, and he was appropriately compensated with both food and funding.

We did get the Ford’s ole van worked on yesterday and as soon as it was out of the shop my favorite wife drove it into Waco to do some shopping. I did ask if there was a cash discount for the work and the answer was no.

Yesterday afternoon the weather was so nice that my favorite wife and I did sit outside for a while. A friend stopped by, and we learned that she will be having surgery on her knee next week. We will keep her in our prayers. Now as we sat there discussing the bible, I happen to see a cloud that we found interesting, so I took a photo. Later in the day when I was allowed to carry trash out to the trash cart, I saw other clouds and I got two more photos.




            The first photo was a cloud in a straight line that kind of looked like a backbone. The second forms an X. The third had the X at the top and another at the bottom which is difficult to see. 

What kind of plans does the Don have for today, not many. The yard is now in good shape, and I really don’t have anything in mind other than doing my bible study homework.

Speaking of bible study; Yesterday the Don was attempting to do his bible study homework and he wrote the answer to the question under the wrong question. Yep, I guess ole Don the Ford was not paying attention. He then drew a line with an arrow to the proper space and when I answer questions today, I will use the other wrong space with another arrow, hopefully he will locate the rest of the answers in the correct spaces.

Ole retired people, you know what I mean. Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope everyone has a good day filled with whatever they like to do and that we all stay safe.

Clouds in the Sky.

Senior ole person who has a clouded mind and needs a cup, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: