Translate

Thursday, February 15, 2024

February 15, 2024

            Good morning from the Fords to you all. We hope you had a good day yesterday and we hope this day will be filled with safe, and nice events. My events for today have no real plans, I might take some clothes to the cleaners, and we will likely go out for supper this evening. It has been suggested that I get gas in the Ford’s ole van, so my wife does not need to do it.

            I was able to get my hair cut yesterday; I used the coupon and the price was basically half off the regular price. That allowed me to have enough funding to get a real cup of coffee from the coffee place, before I headed for home. 

            I was able to trim a few more bushes here at the Ford’s homestead yesterday, these were on the north end of the house, no, I do not have a photo this time, you are welcome (I heard you say thank goodness he doesn’t have another photo). I may be allowed to trim some of the smaller bushes today, the problem with that is I will need to be on my ole knees, both, praying and working. These bushes have stickers on them and that means this ole senior retired person may be injured multiple times during the process.

One would think that a neighbor would come and help an ole retired person working in the yard, wait a minute, almost every one on this street are ole retired people, there are a few real people but they have jobs and are never home when us ole retired people are working in the yards. I just heard one of you say, “maybe the Don should go help his neighbors”. The Don would go offer to help a neighbor, but, most ole retired people like to think they can still do it themselves.

When I rolled out of bed this morning, I found that I was experiencing a little vertigo. This time it was not too bad but it is irritating, so I got back in bed and did the suggested head leaning that the doctors had provided. One would not think that laying there with your head leaning in various positions would help, but it does.

I guess I will stop for now, maybe a cup of homemade coffee or a rest period before I am allowed to vacuum the floor. We hope your day is safe and filled with nice people, or at least nice thoughts.

Bushwhacker Don.

Senior ole person who looks younger now that he had his hair cut, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: