Translate

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

February 13, 2024

            It is the 13th, but not Friday the 13th, so you should be able to have a good day, heck, you might even try to be nice to some old person today. It is another cold day here in Hewitt, the morning temp is 31 degrees. I think they said we would get back up into the low 60s today and it is supposed to be sunny.

            Basically, I did nothing yesterday other than take my favorite wife’s van to the car doctor as the check engine light is on. They connected it to the computer and found that the vehicle has a problem with the thermostat. We now have an appointment with the car doctor for next Tuesday for a surgical procedure.

I did go to the dentists yesterday and received my semi-annual cleaning. They said everything looked good and that I should leave their office and come back in six months. I did as they said, and headed to the coffee place for a cup, then I went to the cleaners to pick up some ole shirts I had cleaned. Back at home I did my bible study homework, then I took a well-deserved nap. Later that evening I did attend the bible study, and as usual it was interesting.

Photo of the same Easter Lilly but with more blooms.


            Different topic, very old memory: this memory only goes back about 60 years ago. I am not sure how old I was, but I would guess about 14 years old. In those days we lived in a two-story house on south Ellis Street, in Cape Girardeau Mo, the house was on the corner. Now I noted that it was a two story because my brother and I slept upstairs, my room was at the front of the house and his was at the back. Now you have the details, allow me to get to the story.

I was in bed, but not asleep, when I heard the door at the bottom of the stairs open quietly then it shut. It took a minute before I heard someone coming slowly and quietly coming up the stairs. I could hear a stair creek a little then nothing. I decided it was my brother Jack, and he was going to try to scare me again, when he got to the top of the stairs, by jumping in my room and screaming. I quietly got out of bed and moved over to the door which was open, and I waited until I heard him at the top of the stairs. I jumped through my door and screamed at him!

To my surprise, there was no one there. How did I hear the door open and close, and how did I hear footsteps on the stairs? I venture a guess that there was a ghost in the house.

Well, I guess that is it, we hope your day is filled with fun adventures, and that we all stay safe.

Are ghosts real?

Senior ole person who has ole memories, are they real? Don the Ford 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: