Translate

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

December 5, 2023

            It is a chilly morning here at the Ford homestead, with temps in the low 30s. The temperature gage does not indicate that it is freezing outside, but it is cool. Speaking of it being chilly, we had homemade chili for supper last night, and it was good. Now our chili is not Texas chili, it is a Missouri type chili. One should know that a Missouri chili causes more gas than a Texas chili, but they are both good on a chilly day.

            Many years ago, when I was a children, I went to a grade school back in Missouri which was located in south Cape, named, “May Green”. Every time they served Chili for lunch, they also gave us a peanut butter sandwich. I assume that is why I have a peanut butter sandwich to this day, when ingesting chili.

            Allow me to comment on May Green School. I assume most of you have seen the TV movie, A Christmas Story, (if you haven’t, then disregard this paragraph). In A Christmas Story they show the outside of a grade school, and it looks very similar to the ole May Green school that I went to when I was a children. I like the ole movie as it reminds me of things that happened in the olden days.

            For that one person who doesn’t know about Texas chili, Texas Chili does not have beans in it, so it causes less gas.

            I will alter the topic now: I did not go to the Bible study class last night; I did not want people to look at my hands and wrists and think I had something contagious. My arms look terrible, even though they are getting better.

            Since I did not go to the bible study, my favorite wife and I sat outside yesterday afternoon and enjoyed a quiet restful period. At five thirty the Christmas lights came on and we went inside. It was cool enough yesterday that we both had our sweatshirts on while we sat outside.

            We got a Christmas card yesterday from the family who use to live next door to us. The card has a photo of the family and the kids have grown like weeds. They have been gone about 3 years so that is why they are bigger. A good-looking group.

            Today, I have nothing that I want to do, so we will see if I do it or not. We hope your day is pleasant, productive, profitable, or at least safe!

Chilly and peanut butter.

Senior ole person who might be getting hungry thinking about chili, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: