Translate

Friday, December 29, 2023

December 29, 2023

            A couple more days after today and we will be in a different year. I wonder how many times I will make the date as 2023 instead of 2024.

            Ok, let me get started with yesterday’s events. Early yesterday morning I went out back and sprayed some weed killer on weeds. The other day I went out to the back 40 to toss some bread over the back fence for the birds to eat, and that is when I noticed several weeds in the back 40. Now these weeds fill the ditch behind the house but I do not like them in the back 40.

            After the weed spraying, I called Alex and asked when I should come to get him and his sister Gabi. He thought a minute and checked with Gabi to see when they would be ready. He gave me a time and I agreed. I called him as I was leaving the house, telling him I was on my way, and I called him again when I turned onto the street where they live. I sat in front of their house waiting on them for more than 10 minutes. I called Alex as I sat there and suggested that they might stay home, and I would go back to my house. They made it out to the vehicle and we headed out.

            I do not like to wait on someone when they know the time I am going to arrive. Even though I was not happy, I did go to the Star coffee place and got them both a drink, I had already had a homemade coffee so I did not get a coffee for myself.

            Back at the Ford’s homestead Alex went out to the shed and got the walk behind mower ready and brought it to the front yard. We discussed the procedure that I like to use when vacuuming, and we began. Alex went over the front yard one time and then he used the leaf blower to get more leaves out of a flower bed into the yard, then he used the mower again to vacuum those leaves.

            Lunch time came and Alex and I went to the Bush chicken place and got a meal for each of us. As I was eating my lunch, I received a call from Dave needing a ride home from work. I finished eating and headed out to get Dave. After dropping Dave off at his home, I returned to the Ford’s homestead.

            Alex and I decided that he would get the riding mower out and get it ready to mow, including checking the oil, gas, and adding air to the tires. He was going to mow the back 40 and I was going to do some finish type work out front. The front yard was looking good when Alex came to the front yard and said, he had cut a wire with the mower. He said he didn’t even see it due to the leaves in the yard. We walked back and looked at the cut wire, it is the 100-foot-long wire that provides electric to the hot house. I will need to get another wire, Luckly I have a 25% off coupon card for the Harbor store, I can use it today. I now have two short wires connected to provide the heat lamps power until I get the new wire.

            Well, the yard work went well, but I do have some additional leaves to remove from a flower bed. I appreciate Alex’s help; he is my favorite grandson! When I tell him he is my favorite grandson, he says, Grandpa I am your only grandson, he is correct, but he is still my favorite grandson!

            Topic swap; My favorite wife and I, did sit outside for a while yesterday afternoon. It was very cool but it was relaxing and quiet. We did not go out for supper yesterday; we were not hungry. We have decided to go out for breakfast this morning and then start the day off, shopping.

Our Christmas lights inside and outside are still on and will continue until the new year, then the power will be cut off.

Odd ball subject: I have some odd thoughts when I am lying in bed and this one is not only odd, but part of it is as old as me. In years past I use to have these initials (NARBNL) near my signature on my emails. Now there were occasions when someone would ask what they meant. These initials meant, “Not Always Right But Never Left”, for that one person who needs me to explain, that is a political statement.

Now as I was considering the above, another set of initials came to me from the olden days, (LSMFT). Now if you aren’t a senior ole person you will probably not know what LSMFT means, so I will explain. LSMFT was used in commercials on the TV and radio for years, it’s meaning is, “Lucky Strike’s Means Fine Tobacco”. Yep, it was use in a cigarette commercial.           

Well, I guess that is it for now, we hope you have a good day and please be safe.

25% off coupon!

Senior ole person who wants a good 25% off all items, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: