Translate

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

December 26, 2023

            Well, it is over with now, and today is hoped to be a day of rest. Family was here and we all enjoyed food, gifts and discussions. My favorite wife worked too hard trying to get all the food to the table on time, and I will admit, the food was good!

            As the day proceeded, Dave and his family went to their home, and I also drove over there with Alex’s workout bench in the back of my pickup. Dave and Alex unloaded it, and it was very heavy, then I headed back to our homestead.

            Arriving at home a friend, Keith, Karla’s brother was there, and he had brought us a new plant, along with a homemade device to move heavy flowers in pots from point “A” to point “B”. He also took all the leaves that we had in bags, he uses them as mulch on his gardens. There were some lively conversations for a while, then he headed for home.

            Patrick and Karla headed for their home shortly after Keith had left, so my favorite wife and I kicked back in the ole recliners for a short period of rest. Three friends arrived, actually most of our friends are more like family. We sat and talked for a while, there were gifts exchanged, and then food was eaten. I think everyone liked the black berry cobbler that my favorite wife makes. We had some good conversations with a few memories from the olden days brought up. Later, after these friends left, it was decided that we would sit outside for a short while.

            The weather was very cool, so we were only out there for about 30 minutes. as we sat there, we noticed the moon was coming up and it appeared to be a full moon.


            The reason I brought this up and posted the photo is to note that the moon seemed to be on the rise fairly quick. As you can see the moon is below the branches of the tree, but in less than the 30 minutes we sat there, the moon had risen up to the bigger limbs of the tree. It just seemed to be moving quickly, probably because we had the branches to compare where it had been and where it is.

            As we sat there on the Ford’s ole swing, someone came to the front door, and when someone comes to the front door the doorbell camera sends me a notification. I got up off the ole swing and walked to a place where I could see who was there. It was another friend from down the street, so she came around where we were, and after proper greetings, we all went inside the homestead.

            My present spouse and our friend sat and talked for a while, and I proceeded to indulge in some leftovers from the noon repast.

Later after the friend left and I had completed my evening meal, my wife of more than 50 years and I decided to clean up the pots and pans, get rid of any leftovers that we would not be eating later, and then, REST.

            As you may be able to see, we had a good day filled with family and friends. We hope your day was as good as ours, we hope everyone stays safe today, and if you can, be nice to at least one person, even if they are old!

Christmas is over?

Senior ole person who got too much, and is thankful for family and friends, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: