Translate

Monday, December 4, 2023

December 4, 2023

            As I heard it said on the TV this morning, “This is the first Monday in December”. I guess tomorrow will be the first Tuesday in December

            Ok, now let us get serious for a moment. This morning a thought came to me, and yes, I have at least one thought daily, so I wanted to get your opinion on this topic.

What if we did not have Puffs, Kleenex, or other facial tissues?”

            Now I know your first thought was, how stupid a question that is. Allow me to continue please. Many of us use these tissues to blow our nose and some of us older people blow our nose often. Just think, if we did not have the tissues, how many handkerchiefs would we need to carry daily. If you did not have a handkerchief, how would you get the snot out of your nose. School classrooms have boxes of these tissues, what would they do without them? People use them to remove makeup, and they can be tossed out, without the tissue you would probably use a washcloth to remove your make up, that includes you and the ladies in the reading group, then the washcloth would need to be washed, which is more work for you. Oh, I can see I now have you thinking.

            Let me alter the topic: yesterday was a nice weather day so I decided to see if I could do a little work out back. I thought I might mow the back 40, so in prep, I would pick up any sticks or other debris that could affect the mower. As I removed the sticks, I became very aware of the dog’s Poopa-Loopa scattered across the yard. The sticks were not too many, but the Poopa-Loopa filled a one-gallon bucket. Then I needed to roll up the extension cord that connects to the green house, and also roll up the hose. And that is just a start toward the mowing process.

            I review the grass and weeds, photo to follow, and I decided to use the string trimmer and attempt to trim everything in the back 40 before mowing. That was a job, but I got it done.

            In the photo one can see the winter grass that is growing. It is growing everywhere including in areas where there was no grass this summer due to the drought.

            I procured the battery power tire inflater and went to the shed. I was able to make my ole body uncover the Ford’s ole riding mower, check the oil, start the mower and bring it to the front of the shed where I checked and added air to two of the tires. I was surprised that two were properly inflated. I added gas to the ole mower and I thought I had picked up all the Tres’ balls and toys, but I learned that I had missed a Frisbee. Yep, I had to get off the ole mower to pick up the Frisbee, and that is difficult for ole people. 

I was able to get the back 40 mowed and it looks pretty good, I did use the mower to blow some leaves into a pile.

            After that I tried to take a nap, but as I have previously stated it is not very comfortable napping while you are partially sitting up, it is kind of like napping in an airplane seat.

            Later I fed the dog and decided to go outside and rest in the nice afternoon weather. My present spouse came out to rest also. Then we got a visit from the neighbor who lives across the street, and his wife came over later after she arrived back at her home.

            All in all, a good day. We hope you have a very good day and yes, stay safe.

Yard man Don!

Senior ole person who needs a break from the keyboard. Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: